Aqualung Conself, Aquarius, Calypso???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

P.S.

I just bought a DA Aqua Master on Ebay for $65. you will be hearing from me as soon and it arrives!

The DH regs are a lot of fun and can be addictive....and you will recognize the internal parts, very similar to a Conshelf... the DA is not balanced so the internals will look a little different but still familiar.

P.S.

I just bought a DA Aqua Master on Ebay for $65. you will be hearing from me as soon and it arrives!

@ASRP:

Careful man, DH regulators are highly addictive and the DAAM is certainly a mayor "gateway" into our collective passion. Welcome to the tribe.

USdiver1 a/k/a USDiver on VDH

The Conshelf XIV has another advantage over the other regs you mentioned. It is the US Navy reg of choice so it is still in production and parts are easier to get.

Can one of you Conshelf gurus verify this? I thought I remember it being discontinued in the last year or two.

It only took me a year but I finally dove the Conshelf XIV yesterday and everything went well. Too many things getting the way.
I did notice that while in a head down attitude the 2nd stage would breath a little wet, has anyone else experienced this? I have not taken it apart to check the exhaust valve yet. I really did appreciate the wide exhaust Tee keeping bubbles away from my face.

It only took me a year but I finally dove the Conshelf XIV yesterday and everything went well. Too many things getting the way.
I did notice that while in a head down attitude the 2nd stage would breath a little wet, has anyone else experienced this? I have not taken it apart to check the exhaust valve yet. I really did appreciate the wide exhaust Tee keeping bubbles away from my face.

I had a conshelf that was leaking at the mouth piece to main body joint.... Just was not soldered all the way.. leaked when head down... Fixed it with epoxy...

Jim...

Thanks Jim, was it easy to see? I didn't notice any irregularities on visual inspection when I had it apart.

N
Thanks Jim, was it easy to see? I didn't notice any irregularities on visual inspection when I had it apart.

Not really, I played with the exhaust valve a few times before seeing it... It was on the bottom side of the joint and not easy to see..

Jim...

I found the problem, there was a piece of seaweed/eel grass that had gotten into the regulator and under the exhaust valve. It was just big enough that it wouldn't just blow through. A nice easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom