AquaLung Legend vs. ScubaPro MK25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was in the same situation...actually for the same regulator you were interested in and bought the Aqualung instead. I have dove both brands in the past and both are very similar in terms of performance. You really can't go wrong either way. I currently have several regulators, but the Aqualung is my primary and the rest do duty on stage bottles when I am doing deeper dives. I don't know about the "better breather" part. I have had the aqualung in the 200' range and have no complaints. I doubt seriously if you were able to be blindfolded and able to try both that you could tell a difference.

There is one "knock" I have heard...but I can't confirm. I read somewhere that the Aqualung has the porting on the 1st stage close enough together that getting a wireless transmitter installed and the inflator for the BC on the same side is a challenge. Again...I only READ this somewhere and I can't confirm or deny as I don't use a computer with wireless transmission. Someone else here might have better information on that. Frankly I would be surprised as that would be a pretty silly mistake for design engineers to make...but who knows?

SlowRain, I have an Aqualung and have dry suit hose, inflator hose and wireless transmitter all on one side with no problem. Love the Legend LX and just ordered a Legend supreme.

SlowRain, I have an Aqualung and have dry suit hose, inflator hose and wireless transmitter all on one side with no problem. Love the Legend LX and just ordered a Legend supreme.

Great....good to know the facts around that, as I wondered when I read it. It just didn't make sense to me. I thought their design engineers would have a lot more sense than to make a mistake like that.

Personally I have noticed it's easier to find places that service/sell Aqua Lung gear as opposed to Scuba Pro. I have heard that if you are a Scuba Pro vendor that Scuba Pro will pull all its products if you sell anything else.

Personally I have noticed it's easier to find places that service/sell Aqua Lung gear as opposed to Scuba Pro. I have heard that if you are a Scuba Pro vendor that Scuba Pro will pull all its products if you sell anything else.

You heard wrong - the shop I managed had several brands. Their rep will tease you though (Hey Dave!). They just get pissy if you sell their brand without a store visit. You can sell over the internet - but the buyer will have to step foot in the store to pick up.

Maybe the only other point of note is that not only does the Scubapro have a diver controlled venturi system to avoid surface free flow it also has diver controlled inhalation effort (which I find to be quite nice...) ...
In the AquaLung Legend series, the LX indicates the second stage has an inhalation effort adjustment knob, so the Legend LX ACD Supreme would have one.

(Naturally, in the lower-priced AquaLung Titan series, LX only indicates a balanced second stage. Nice to be consistent, eh? :D)

DebraSue,

Both are great products. First, go with the one that can be serviced in a local dive shop (LDS) that you trust. Second, compare the warranty on the products, see which one will be more suitable to your needs. The cost and length of time in between services to keep it under its warranty throughout its life span. Third, then and only then choose the one that your heart's desire.

Keep it simple!

In the AquaLung Legend series, the LX indicates the second stage has an inhalation effort adjustment knob, so the Legend LX ACD Supreme would have one.

(Naturally, in the lower-priced AquaLung Titan series, LX only indicates a balanced second stage. Nice to be consistent, eh? :D)

Clayjar... you are right! My bad.... in any case they are both fantastic regs and you can't go wrong with either choice...

Personally I have noticed it's easier to find places that service/sell Aqua Lung gear as opposed to Scuba Pro. I have heard that if you are a Scuba Pro vendor that Scuba Pro will pull all its products if you sell anything else.[/QUOT

I dont know where you heard that,my local dealer handles SP,Aqualung,sherwood,apex ,Tusa,Mares.
And far as finding a scuba pro dealer There are many.
When ever i dive florida keys or carib i have seen alot more scuba pro then Aqualung.
Both are top notch companys who service there regs way down the road.

i understand from a good source that the s 600 has some flaws

i dont work for any brand im an instructor

go for an apex reg they are bullet proof i have been using mine for over 700 dives no service still perfect good luck its a mine field out there

have a look on line at a uk based mag called diver is done all the tests

Back
Top Bottom