Are there any entry tech courses that include Trimix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But why take an air or "deep nitrox" class at all? If you can't hold stops you can't hold them. Mix isn't very relevant to that since you shouldn't be deco diving in the first place. "Gee I can't hold a midwater stop coming up from 150ft, I'll just take 25%EAN for that dive..." :no

And of course we all know that narcosis can be a killed in its own right.

My advice, skip the "advanced nitrox". Take recreational trimix instead. If you can't do stops safely for a 100ft dive on 25/25 or 30/30, there's no reason to be below 100 racking up deco on any mix.

bingo rjack. Which is exactly why I said what I did in post #4. I was glad to see the OP post back to clarify both his diving experience and willingness to take it slow. Both good things.

Talking at cross purposes here guys. No one should take Trimix (or using any helium) until the skills, that allow its use, are mastered.

Do NOT skip Advanced Nitrox; also take a Deep Diver Course and a Decompresion Techniques before any helium course.

Learn the skills, learn the math, and do not dive beyond your training.

PerroneFord:
Hmm ok. So lets both do a 90 minute dive to 100ft. I'll do it on EAN32, you do it on 30/30. Then we'll both ascend at 30fpm and get out of the water. Deal?
Can I come and watch?:11:

It maybe what a few minutes difference..... but would like to see who has the thicker skin...so to speak

PerroneFord:
Hmm ok. So lets both do a 90 minute dive to 100ft. I'll do it on EAN32, you do it on 30/30. Then we'll both ascend at 30fpm and get out of the water. Deal?

Yes, let's come up with an asinine profile that makes no sense to dive on either Nitrox or Trimix. Because two profiles that will likely end up with bent divers demonstrates your complete understanding of diving mixed gasses.

LOL. Dude relax. You are clearly an accomplished mix diver, and I am not. It'l be another 100 deco dives before I am comfy going to mix. I just happen to feel that adding helium to the equation too early is dangerous.

But then, I'm an old fashioned kinda guy. Some guy on another board with less than 25 dives was asking about extended range and mix. I guess it's the "new thing". Mix is the new EAN. I guess CCRs will be the new doubles soon.

100' for 90min. gives 54min. of Total Deco (including Deep Stops), with an O2 switch at 20'. Gonna need Double 130's and two AL80 Stages with 30/30 mix or EANx 32; and an AL40 of Oxygen. . . (anybody who took the Ratio Deco Class concur?)

Not bad... my profile shows 273cuft of 32 or 30/30 and about 18 cubes of 02 if it's available.

PerroneFord:
Are you kidding me??? Your both well into deco and 30fpm to the surface will get you both screwed up.

PerroneFord:
LOL. Dude relax. You are clearly an accomplished mix diver, and I am not. It'l be another 100 deco dives before I am comfy going to mix. I just happen to feel that adding helium to the equation too early is dangerous.

I'm glad you went on to post this. Now we know where your coming from.:wink:

PerroneFord:

I'm honestly baffled by what point you are trying to make here. :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom