Are you a DIR diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I am not mistaken doesn't ScubaPro manufacture and rebrand their G250V/G260, Mk25 reg's for Halcyon?
Yes, that's absolutely true and when doing a Scubapro tech service course, the instructor made a comment about how it was a form of flattery that Halcyon likes the regs so much that they take them and put a new logo on them.
It's true, the regs are awesome and from Halcyon's perspective, they're not going to reinvent certain equipment unless there's a need (for instance there was a need for the RB80 semi-closed rebreather and now they're going with the JJ because it meets their diving demands and there's now no longer a need to reinvent it). So why would they even bother selling a line of regulators if they're not even the manufacturers? They recognize that there are people out there that want to go all in on their brand and they figure that if they can rebrand, resell, and make a profit from people willing to pay for the H, why wouldn't they do it? I am a fan of their products and have the backplate, knife, smb, a couple lights, but no, I do not have an H on my regulator and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Humm, I tried to visit the website but all I get is: "Windows Explorer can not display webpage." Probably something a miss on my end.
In accordance with best practice for e-commerce websites, our https server encrypts our entire website with SSL and effective September 2015 we support only the most secure version of SSL, known as the TLS 1.2 encryption protocol. If you are having trouble visiting our website on certain devices it is likely you are using an older browser that does not support secure encryption. Some browsers may simply report "page can not be displayed" and some browsers will correctly identify the issue as SSL related. (Annoyingly, the error displayed by the browser may incorrectly imply our website is not secure; which is untrue. Our site actually gets an "A+" on the Qualys SSL Labs server test.) NIST says US Federal Government agencies must support secure encryption by the end of 2015. PCI-DSS says websites that accept credit card payments are required to support secure encryption no later than June 2016. Many retail merchants will wait until after the holiday retail season to update their security so it's entirely possible this is the first time you have encountered the issue.Browser support for TLS 1.2 encryption varies, but recent versions of all browsers are compatible by default. You can check the security of your browser by visiting https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html from the affected devices. Any result for protocol support other than "Good" means your browser is out-of-date. The most common difficulty with updating occurs when there is no modern native browser available for the older version operating system on your device. In any case where your device does not have an up-to-date secure native browser, many alternative modern browsers are freely available for download: the most popular is Chrome on desktops/notebooks and Chrome for Mobile on phones.In some business environments, the operating system and browser configuration is administered by a corporate IT department who lags behind for reasons of application stability and/or support logistics. In cases where you do not have permission to alter the configuration your desktop, you may wish to contact your IT department support team and provide them a copy of this information. They will have an approved method to enable TLS 1.2 compatibility on your current configuration as the issue of secure encryption has become very important in business data processing.We apologize for this inconvenience, but believe that protecting your personal information should be a priority.

Back
Top Bottom