Are you a DIR diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Further to what JohnnyC said, I suspect just about everyone who has made a comment was already familiar with DGX and knew perfectly well what they meant by the post.

Further to what JohnnyC said, I suspect just about everyone who has made a comment was already familiar with DGX and knew perfectly well what they meant by the post.

You mean, like the person who posted stating that they didn't know what DIR meant?

I get it. There's no point in actually educating people, or using words correctly.

May I mumble dogface to the banana patch?

I am a very proud D-I-W style diver, and have bought gear form DGX.
Of course,
they are 2 miles from my home.

They are one of my LDS's.

And they give service and advice if asked to the DIR crowd,
as well as beginners,p.
And of course the huge complement of DIW divers out there.

Chug
Not dead yet.

Maybe to avoid anymore discussion we can say that DIR is the best way to dive and everyone else is going to die...........[emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe to avoid anymore discussion we can say that DIR is the best way to dive and everyone else is going to die...........[emoji56]

I am only in full agreement with the second part of your your statement.

Yes my friend......
Death stalks us all.

Chug
DGX fan.

Last edited:

Oh yeah...that will avoid all kinds of conversation alright...:D

True, two simple truths that nobody likes to admit.
Everybody poops
and everybody dies.

I consider myself DIR compatible and am able to dive with the local GUE crew without them grumbling about my skills or equipment. The only piece of Halcyon gear I own is one of their small SMBs, which was given to me free by a friend who got out of diving. It's a nice SMB.
I'm not dead yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You mean, like the person who posted stating that they didn't know what DIR meant?

I get it. There's no point in actually educating people, or using words correctly.

May I mumble dogface to the banana patch?

I assumed (incorrectly) that Littlerayray was being facetious when he said "I'm not familiar with this term educate me please." I mean, DIR is mentioned quite frequently on this board, including discussions of the meaning of the term, where it came from, how it is sometimes used incorrectly, and how GUE no longer uses it. And then there's Google for looking up unfamiliar terms. But his later post, which I overlooked, seems to confirm you are correct (assuming "thanks guys" was not also intended to be facetious). :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom