Arms cold ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I know, there is only one person here who knows how to work with wetsuits/semi-dry, and only to make adjustments ...

Guess I will just travel to order a custom fit suit ..... :)
Awesome - come to Toronto Canada. We have a local wetsuit maker that will fix you up. And if you happen to have a chain saw and a dry suit you can dive locally! Just kidding. Maybe...

Try some other makes of suits. I was planning on buying a suit from Waterproof (Swedish make) but cannot get my arms down the sleeves on suits that fit me on other parts of my body, perhaps that make will be suitable for you.

I'm really surprised you couldn't find a Waterproof suit to fit. They have the most different size variations of any suit maker I've seen. I mean, they have S, M, ML, L, XL, XXL, XXL. And then, for most of those sizes, they have the size itself plus Tall, Plus, and Tall Plus. Or something like that.

If I were turned loose in a wetsuit wearhouse to pick a free suit, it would be a Waterproof brand. My g/f has one (a W3) and I've tried a couple on. They are the nicest suits I have seen.

look for a pair of longer gloves,they make some that seal around the sleeves of your wetsuit, this will help keep water out of your sleeves.

I'm really surprised you couldn't find a Waterproof suit to fit. They have the most different size variations of any suit maker I've seen. I mean, they have S, M, ML, L, XL, XXL, XXL. And then, for most of those sizes, they have the size itself plus Tall, Plus, and Tall Plus. Or something like that.

If I were turned loose in a wetsuit wearhouse to pick a free suit, it would be a Waterproof brand. My g/f has one (a W3) and I've tried a couple on. They are the nicest suits I have seen.

To digress from the main subject, it was in fact a W3 suit that I tried, in fact three different ones, ended up buying another Mares as they seem to fit me well off the shelf.

My main issue was the sleeves, tighter than a Duck's @ss to coin a phrase, and my arms are by no means thick. I was slightly disappointed because I really wanted one of these suits with the plush lining. The main problem seems to be related to all of the panels and stitching around the forearm area.

Back
Top Bottom