As 911 approaches.. how have you changed ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jersey once bubbled...
W'Writer - glad to see you are still here, your obvious passion towards things diving and non-diving are refreshing.

Thanks Jersey.

I have been looking at the subject of this post and not reading it for days. Afraid of the response. I am an American and have been proud of it since the first day I can remember. My dad was a Navy Seal during the Viet Nam war. My uncle died in the war radioing back to the troops behind him that the enemy was ahead. They got him but he saved the other troops. We had no reason for fighting in that war. It wouldn't have changed america one bit if we didn't. My uncle would still be alive and my dad would have a lot less issues to deal with. He killed a lot of men in ways that most military never have to. Up close and personal. I don't know a lot about what happened but I do know if he didn't have to go over there at 17 he would be a differant person today. After saying all this you ask if I think it was a good idea. YES. As a country with the means to defend ourselves and help ourselve prosper who would we be if we let others suffer? Sept 11th hasn't changed me at all. I still make sure people I love know it, I am still proud of my country, still grateful to live here. Maybe I am closed minded and biggoted, but I personaly think that everyone should be proud of where they live and think it's the greatest place on earth. Maybe there are things wrong with america, we eat to much, fight amonst ourselves, and think we are the worlds police. I think that's what makes us great we have enough to eat, the freedom to express differant point of views, and the ability to help others. What's great about America is the passion that we all have. I think america is the greatest place in the world... and I hope each of you think the same thing about your country.

Jessica

P.S. Sorry if this is a little scattered and disjointed but I am just typing as it comes to mind. Hope I made my point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom