Aussie Diving 15th to 31st January 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No worries...the next time I get to Sydney I will be sure to look you up!

Looks like I will be in Vancouver before you are back in OZ

Some pics from our dive on Tue.

My favourite subjects

Eastern Blue Devil. Unfortunately there was a lot of particulate but here is what I got while it was trying to hide way under a ledge

441-889-Medium.jpg

Why are the pretties ones so secretive?

441-901-Medium.jpg

This flathead was tiny less than 100mils

441-929CMedium.jpg

Looks like I will be in Vancouver before you are back in OZ

Well if you get over to the island...there always room for one more on the boat:D Don't forget to stash Sas in your gear bag!

Hey the only dive I have done in Canada was On the Island. My brother lives at Pt Albernie and we did a dive with a friend of his at China Creek... bloomin cold... my only drysuit dive!

Added an RDO on Wednesday to the Australia Day holiday and got a couple of dives in. Wind and tide limited us to one 90 minute dive each day on Bundegi Reef. Here's a few of my favourites from both days:

Sweetlips getting cleaned by a couple of cleaner wrasse:
775286307_k2nEG-M.jpg

Coral Trout:
775286329_C5bx5-M.jpg

Couple of Butterfly fish:
775286346_aRyra-M.jpg

Whiptail:
775286309_Wch8j-M.jpg

Bigeye Trevally:
775296794_EagTr-M.jpg

Mary (Mrs Gudge):
775296751_tWRgD-M.jpg

And I had a little play with off camera strobe lighting with a couple of white soft corals:
775296710_LUhsn-M.jpg

Hey the only dive I have done in Canada was On the Island. My brother lives at Pt Albernie and we did a dive with a friend of his at China Creek... bloomin cold... my only drysuit dive!

Its sad you never got a few more in a better place...diving here might be cold. But its worth it!:D

With a blue moon and Mary's birthday both going on yesterday you would have thought that the weather gods would have smiled on us and given us some weather that would have let us go somewhere else for a change. We had a nice dive anyway and I was playing my new Zen 4" dome and the 10-17 again. I also took a third strobe along and had fun playing with off camera lighting. Here's a few shots:

I would never have got the angle of this shot and be able to light it properly with my 8" dome:
777044777_sWB8F-M.jpg

Two shots of the same soft coral from different angles and lit differently:
777030387_59zMv-L.jpg

777030415_vkVYB-L.jpg

Another back lit soft coral:
777030340_eHQCB-L.jpg

Wow Gudge.. inspiring shots.. I saw the backlit one you posted earlier and tried playing with my torch today too.. :blush: equipment does matter! I need to work out som settings for my camera.. it is limited but fun to play with

Thanks for sharing your shots and giving some inspiration!

Here are a couple videos from today. The Eastern Blue Devil was trying to hid way under a ledge as usual. The numb ray was circling around under me. I was trying to keep the camera still while hovering midwater and keeping my distance. I was hoping to catch it burrying itself but noluck maybe it was hunting:idk:

Back
Top Bottom