Aussie diving, 1st Feb to 15th Feb.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally Posted by stormysea
ok so where do you get ankle weights and are their different types?
My wife and I used to use ankle weights. We tried a couple of different types and liked the Brightweights ankle weights the best:

BRIGHTWEIGHTS - Swim Like A Fish

ive got the brightweights and not a big fan of them... i find the weights cut into my ankles

what i do love is the seatec ones, like neoprene tubes filled with the soft weight/buckshot and they are velcro'd. Men & Ladies accessories.

cheers

Here is a collection from Yesterdays dive. I am still going through the 380 shots I took on one dive[:eek:)]

3272659438_d986f7aae3.jpg

Few Leopards on the right hand side

3271839501_b06497e0f3.jpg

3272659612_50c3cd090b.jpg

3271839311_75b1a3b2c4.jpg

3272645464_24a113eec0.jpg

Head on

AussieBryan-you have lovely pictures.

What is that last pic in post 63?? Looks like a fat shark??

im betting its a leopard shark but AussieB will clarify soon i hope

Hi tiggrr nice to see you made it over to check us out:rofl3::rofl3:

great shots AussieBryan! I love the depth of field...

I got in a long dive last night - my longest yet at 127mins :) We started off doing some line training at the pier - me and Paul are going to do the BSAC Dive Leader course over the next while. I was HOPELESS (very very slow :p) but Paul was very good. I had tied off only a few poles and Paul was half way up the pier :) I wish I'd gotten pics, it was quite funny. My instructor loaned me a reel so I will practice around the lounge room to get faster :)

Viz was not great so was hard to take photos - we saw three blue rings and two cuttlefish and about one billion pot-belly seahorses :) Paul had to end early due to not being able to get his tank filled so was just using my spare tank from our weekend dives. I was sitting at work going 'now why did I bring a second, half empty tank??' but I am glad I did as he was able to get about 40mins in.

Pier was nice that night
3274193234_f41c56038b.jpg

Calamari - I think this is the closest I have gotten
3273377843_5db28baaec.jpg

One of the blue-rings curled up
3273375371_690068d0c9.jpg

Hairy starfish (well that is what I call them)
3274195356_1c002430d0.jpg

These guys are Leopard Sharks.

Stegostoma fasciatum, leopard shark

They are very friendly and beautiful shark. Completely harmless execpt for when they leave as they break peoples hearts :wink:

Mark

Back
Top Bottom