Aussie diving, 1st Feb to 15th Feb.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice shots as usual Gudge... I wish we had your bad viz!
Conditions didn't allow for diving for us this weekend... jealous of those of you who did.
Nice shots AB glad you got some diving in too.
Stormysea did you get to dive at all?

I think I have a different definition of terrible viz to you though

I wish we had your bad viz!
I did say that we had some of the best viz we've had in a long time on the first dive (when the fish/turtle pictures were taken). There's a good reason I didn't post pictures of anything bigger than the nudi from the second dive. :D

I did say that we had some of the best viz we've had in a long time on the first dive (when the fish/turtle pictures were taken). There's a good reason I didn't post pictures of anything bigger than the nudi from the second dive. :D

:rofl3:fair enough....:rofl3: nudi pictures :rofl3:mean poor viz to you too???:rofl3:
Always a delight your pics and your posts Gudge!:blinking:

Well of course our trip to Byron was caned but we decided to go diving off the Western beach (Goldcoast). although vis sucked we saw some special stuff. Robust ghost pipe fish and Ornate Harliqin Ghost pipe fish. Lots of small lion fish. I led both dives and it was my first time leading. It was really good.

This week I am diving
Western beach on Wednesday, Cook Island on Thursday and Byron on Sunday....Yeah!!

Ok well I have some pics from the weekend. Not all of them though as for the backbeach dives my camera started bubbling when I put it underwater so I was worried about the seal and gave it to a friend who was snorkeling. A tiny bit of water got inside the case (sand had gotten on the o-ring) but no damage :) He loaned me his camera for the dives and I should get them tonight - got some of a few Port Jacksons :)

Beautiful backbeach conditions - Diamond Bay
3280429271_f202a764ec.jpg

Kelp at backbeach - was tonnes of kelp foresty bits
3281248058_3be36493ca.jpg

Rudder Quadrant of the Coogee
3281245548_92055c97c9.jpg

Tonnes of fish at Coogee
3281243352_0daeed0453.jpg

Blue Devil at Coogee
3280417003_52c65042d1.jpg

We were joined by a Scubaboarder too, who was visiting Australia - JClynes - and he was fun to dive with and I am glad the conditions were good for his visit! :)

Back
Top Bottom