Aussie Diving Dec 13th to 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back 3 weeks ago from a 3 week trip to PNG. One week in Madang and two weeks in Lissenung Island, Kavieng.

I have to look into the SWR trip as its been a while since i had a good dive down there with the boys from SWRDC.

Regards Mark

Hmm ... sounds as though you have been doing some great diving lately ... I am jealous

We are actually organising the Invade the rock with South West Rocks Dive Centre
Home - Fish Rock Dive Centre at South West Rocks

I have not dived with SWRDC since Noel died and the boys took over, but I have heard from a couple of people lately that they are not terribly impressed with them.

We have dived with Fishrock Dive Centre for the last few years and have found Jon to be very good. By the way he is an avid photographer and owns the local photo shop in SWR.
Some of our friends dive fairly often with SWRDC and have not had any problems.

Hope we can convince you to join us even if it isnt for the full week.
http://fishrock.com.au/index.htmlhttp://fishrock.com.au/index.html

Still hearing that odd clanking noise on the back-roll entry.

IMG_1208.JPG

add edit

BTW FYI the celcius scale is the one on the left.

Last edited:
Hmm ... sounds as though you have been doing some great diving lately ... I am jealous

We are actually organising the Invade the rock with South West Rocks Dive Centre
Home - Fish Rock Dive Centre at South West Rocks

I have not dived with SWRDC since Noel died and the boys took over, but I have heard from a couple of people lately that they are not terribly impressed with them.

We have dived with Fishrock Dive Centre for the last few years and have found Jon to be very good. By the way he is an avid photographer and owns the local photo shop in SWR.
Some of our friends dive fairly often with SWRDC and have not had any problems.

Hope we can convince you to join us even if it isnt for the full week.
http://fishrock.com.au/index.htmlhttp://fishrock.com.au/index.html

I actually had to have about 3 weeks out of the water due to battle injuries from PNG (sea uclers). This is the longest I have been out of the water for in 5 years! Well I made use of the time in editing my photos somewhat.

Diving back at Byron has been excellent. Vis today was 20m+ and warm 23c. Everything was around and i even spotted a Patato Cod. I thought it was a bit strange as they are normally far up North.

Waiting for my D80 housing to come back from service and also wait for a brand new housing for my new D90. So no recent pics unfortunately.

I have always had Pete and Kev go out of their way to make myself and the groups I have taken down to have the best dives possible and have always dived with them. Pete is also a pretty good photgrapher in his own right. Has some excellent GNS shots in his website gallery too.

I can not comment on Fish Rock Dive Centre as I have never dived with them.

So whens your trip and you lost me in who your actually diving with? Is it SWRDC or FRDC?

Regards Mark

Got out for a night dive tonight, about an hour and a half, again at Black Rock Yacht Club. We tried for a new site close-by and one of my buddies went in to check viz but was too surgy. Was a nice dive, got to see a blue-ring octopus and a dumpling squid right at the end of the dive :) Also I was practising navigation (my weakest diving skill, mainly because I am so lazy) and it went *really* well, despite lots of turns and things like that. :shocked2: I attribute this to me actually paying frequent attention to my compass for once :rofl3: No camera again tonight as chilled was busy and could not make the dive so no pics :( I really gotta get my own! Still looking on ebay...

:DYippeee sent in my last assignment last night and got the results already.. Certificate in the mail.... now more free time for diving. Tomorrow my last day of work until 12 Jan.... more celebrating and better yet... decreasing my hours then so more time to dive, do housework, dive and do all the things that have been piling up with my crazy schedule! Think I will dive to celebrate on Saturday:blinking:
Sas if you don't find one soon you could borrow one of mine for a while and keep looking... If you see one in NA I could talk to my son about getting it and shipping it to you if they don't ship here. It really is worth it... :blinking:

I watched an episode of 'Blue Planet' in between nappy changes and feedings - does that count? (and if so can I log it? ).

As I'm coming up to post 1000 I may go quiet for a while as I work out a suitable 1000th post: I'm considering an embittered tirade of some sort, but if anyone has any ideas on what such a significant post should be I'm all ears.

:DYippeee sent in my last assignment last night and got the results already.. Certificate in the mail.... now more free time for diving. Tomorrow my last day of work until 12 Jan.... more celebrating and better yet... decreasing my hours then so more time to dive, do housework, dive and do all the things that have been piling up with my crazy schedule! Think I will dive to celebrate on Saturday:blinking:
Sas if you don't find one soon you could borrow one of mine for a while and keep looking... If you see one in NA I could talk to my son about getting it and shipping it to you if they don't ship here. It really is worth it... :blinking:

Congrats petunia! :) Enjoy your holidays, and looking forward to lots of diving photos from you.

I am thinking I will just buy one from a shop in January (after my finances have recovered from Christmas). I don't think it will be too much money :) However, I will definitely watch out for one in NA in the next month, thanks :)

I watched an episode of 'Blue Planet' in between nappy changes and feedings - does that count? (and if so can I log it? ).

As I'm coming up to post 1000 I may go quiet for a while as I work out a suitable 1000th post: I'm considering an embittered tirade of some sort, but if anyone has any ideas on what such a significant post should be I'm all ears.

Yes I think you can log it Tassie. Why not. :D

:rofl3: I can't wait to see your embittered tirade for your 1000th post. Maybe you could try and top this post :wink::
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3443054-post47.html

I really think there is room to add even more SB cliches into a post than that user managed :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom