Aussie Diving for w/e: Nov 7th to 13th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't worry, it won't be long before the little one can help:

3019996769_10689dec3e_m.jpg

Cute photo! I really like the idea of a 'grow your own dive buddy' program. Anyone know what the minimum ages are for those kiddie scuba classes are?

The lack of diving doesn't worry me too much - who needs to go and do real dives when you have Scubaboard?

Cute photo! I really like the idea of a 'grow your own dive buddy' program. Anyone know what the minimum ages are for those kiddie scuba classes are?

The lack of diving doesn't worry me too much - who needs to go and do real dives when you have Scubaboard?

i think its 8yrs for bubblemakers and seal team and then depending on what doctor you go to for the medical cert its either 10yrs or 13yrs for jnr ow

thats PADI of course... if you want the GUE OW class then you have to wait until 16yrs

btw - start thinking about a 09 Invade the Rock Fishrock trip... you can wear your drysuit and mum & bub can come :wink:

edit: and yep, bub is super cute!!!

Thanks, I am happy with them, just would like to be able to get the colours right. I might laminate a couple of them and take them back down and see how close I really was :D Vis was pretty good in the Haven on Sunday and I'm only in about four to seven metres of water with the sun just behind "directly overhead".

Don't worry, it won't be long before the little one can help:

3019996769_10689dec3e_m.jpg

AW so adorable Aardvark!

Tassie, some people in my dive club had a baby four months ago and he was back in the water within a few weeks and she is back diving too! So hopefully not too long before you can dive again too :) Scubaboard helps though :rofl3: You an be a virtual diver in the meantime :)

They're old enough to dive when they can buy their own training and gear, but I'm happy to compromise and take "snorkelling" rather than "diving" holidays in the meanwhile. If they're anything like me as a teenager I'm really worried about judgement and risk taking behaviour at that age.

His big sister is the real fish, except she only swims in the local heated pool. The beach is "too cold" :rofl3:

:shocked2: nobody has warned Tassie Rohan that after he does the fills the little one will do fills for him too:rofl3: Everything you put in will come out:rofl3: Seriously tho there is nothing like the feeling you get when you put your finger in their hand, their fingers wrap around your fingers and your heart! It's a great experience ummmmm mostly:rofl3: AArdvark... cute kid... :D

Nice cuttle shot Chilled I love the different angles! I've been trying to get a shot of a weedy from underneath looking up!

Nic from Sydney Dive Academy joined us for the first dive yesterday. He promised to show me some rare nudis in return for a seahorse. Good trade since it was Peter Cross from Sydney Dive that told me where to look for the seahorses and Nic works there part time.

Nic liked the seahorses and we found a couple new ones. Now for the shots I got one just for you almity!

Look close to find the rare nudi that lives only on the sea tulip.... there is a batch of eggs there too. There is also a very rare nudi that lives only on this one type of sponge... it is easier to see in the shot. Honestly Nic was pointing to the things and indicating ... some of them I thought I could see them and took pics hoping the picture would make it easier to see ...:rofl3: it seemed to work! Don't know if Nic comes on here but if he does... THANKS!!!!!

Attachments

• DSC06921 (Large).JPG
    DSC06921 (Large).JPG
    136 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC06927 (Large).JPG
    DSC06927 (Large).JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC06932 (Large).JPG
    DSC06932 (Large).JPG
    106 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC06938 (Large).JPG
    DSC06938 (Large).JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 46
Thanks for posting more pictures petunia :) And nice pictures from almity1, it is mad seeing the clingfish in more detail.

Almitywife, I got my whatchamacallit back today and you included bubble wrap! I am a big bubble wrap fan so thank you :dork2: At my old work someone gave me a little keyring that has electronic bubble wrap so when you press the buttons it makes the right noise... I was banned from having it at work after a day or so :rofl3:

Spoke to my partner about Fish Rock in 09 and he is interested too :) I notice they do Discover Scuba dives... maybe I can get him to try out diving! Will have to teach him to swim before then though... :eyebrow:

Here is a more direct link

http://www.almity1.com/Gallery/BareIsland/20081109/BareIsland_20081109.html

Those photos are a bit of a first milestone for me.

They were taken in RAW format and the first time I have mucked around in RAW for Post Dive Processing.

I lave the control you have or a should say the depth of controls you have.

I am reading the RAW for Dummies book at present, hopefully I can work things out there on what do use and what not to use

Love the clingfish shots, but something is strange about the moray ... cant put my finger on what. :confused:

Now Almity1 ... back to your rebreather thread ... :)

Well me, chilled + a new buddy we met through our dive club (well I actually did my OW course in Feb with him so it was nice to see some one else still diving from my class! :)) just went and did an AWESOME dive at Mornington Pier. It made up for Sunday's difficult dive for sure! Anyway, things weren't looking so good with strong winds and thunderstorms predicted but we made the trip anyway. Well water was very flat, no surge and viz was about 5m :)

We saw a *giant* Maori octopus, watched it hunt for things for about 20mins, blue ring, and also a sand octopus. When we first descended the viz was awful (it is very silty near the start of the pier), and we almost ended up on top of a giant stingray. Was about 3m big. Anyway it was flopping around stirring up all the sand so it was a tad disturbing being in no viz with a giant stingray around! Saw lots of sea horses, nudi, calamari, Old Wives, a puffer fish with one eye swimming very oddly, and a few other critters. Chilled says he will post pictures later :)

Just as we finished packing up all the gear it started pouring and lightening started. So we timed it very well :)

Also... I am back in my wetsuit :shocked2: Was a bit chilly at the start of the dive but I got used to it and was fairly toasty by the end :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom