Baby shampoo? and a wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Take a plastic supermarket bag. Put on foot and put foot in wetsuit. Pull off foot. Repeat for each limb.
This always works and makes putting on a wetsuit a breeze.

This is the normal donning technique in Argentina and Brazil.
It is shown in the dive school directly and is pretty effective.

Take a plastic supermarket bag. Put on foot and put foot in wetsuit. Pull off foot. Repeat for each limb.

I can attest to the accuracy of this post. I don't use it, but did try the method on the urging of a fellow diver. Really works well, if you have the bag with you.

In the old days we used talc or cornstarch.

Early 90's the Dive Shop I was taking lessons from recommended the talc/cornstarch way. So maybe not the old days.

When I switched to shampoo or cream rinse I was amazed at how much less mess I made.

I only have trouble with my wrist and ankle seals.
I roll my legs inside out, and use my hands inside the leg to get the ankle seal over my ankle. Then I roll it on without problem. I do the same with my left arm. The only seal that I have trouble getting into is the right wrist seal, and I just wriggle into it as best I can. The rest of my wetsuit is lined so I never have trouble sliding it on. I will try the grocery store bag trick the next time I dive.

Good grief, that's a little extreme. What do you do with your fins after you pull your feet off?!?!?

But seriously, this works well, from what I've seen. I never have much of a need for it but a few friends really like this method.

Drink alot of water and pee in wetsuit as you are putting it on. It will lube it just as you are getting into those tight spot.

Another great product is store brand(I use CVS) water based lubricant. If you don't know what I mean by lubricant you are too young to be here! Learned this trick by the LDS that serviced my dry suit. I have saved strangers from having heart attacks getting into a tight 7 Mil wet suit on a hot day at the quarry!

I second the motion on wearing an under armor or rash gaurd type thing. I wear a long sleeve rash guard which makes me feel better cause I hate sunburn so it's great while sitting on the boat or shore with the wetsuit pulled down. Also I have a pair of spedos that come down to my knees. So once I get my foot into the suit and up to my knees the rest slides on super easy.

Back
Top Bottom