BCD for Curvy Woman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're able to rent and try out a few different BCs and/or BPWs, and find out what you like and feels good in the water, that would be ideal. I'm a woman, and dive mostly with women; many of them swear by the Zeagle BCs (esp the Zeagle Zena). What's most important is what feels comfortable and works for you. For instance, I personally dive a jacket BC and really dislike BP/Ws (obviously use them when diving doubles, but in single tank? jacket all the way!). The only way to know is to try them and see what works for you and your body.
Agreed. I'll add one more thing and stop. The problem I had with BP/W was the webbing dug into the sides of my breasts. Very uncomfortable. (I should have just said that at the outset).

Agreed. I'll add one more thing and stop. The problem I had with BP/W was the webbing dug into the sides of my breasts. Very uncomfortable. (I should have just said that at the outset).
Webbing is available in different stiffness, maybe softer webbing would be more comfortable. Also webbing does relax a bit over time.

Another consideration is was the harness adjusted properly? Most of the videos, like the one posted, show the adjustment done on land in street clothes. While it should really be done while wearing exposure protection. You may need a few dives to get it just right.

The problem I had with BP/W was the webbing dug into the sides of my breasts

Probably the main reason I suggested Xdeep Zen Deluxe. Look it up.

You probably already know this, but DON'T buy a "unisex" BCD. This is code for men's BCD. Only buy a women's BCD. I have an Aqua Lung Lotus, which is a hybrid. I'm short-waisted and curvy as well. If you have large breasts, you will not be able to zip up in the Zeagle Zena. The Lotus does not have a cummerbund but an adjustable clipped buckle and you can gain or lose up to 30 pounds without having to buy another BCD. It's ideal if you're short-waisted. The two shoulder clips swivel so you don't feel pressure on the side of your breast. What stands out as a women's BCD is it's built to sit perfectly on your back so when you stand up or walk, you're not hunched over. You can stand up straight and walk completely balanced.

1703023879894.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom