Best BCD for under $1000.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The one that fits the best? I got my Zeagle Ranger for half that price. I didn't think any got close to $1000. Maybe 2 BC's would be the best. That way you have a back up. OR get a regular BC and a BP/W setup.

SP Knighthawk

I will sell you Mares Icon for way under a 1000. It has only 12 dives on it and it’s a large. Make me an offer I can't refuse. Hey come out to Thailand and buy the BCD and I'll treat you to a day of diving in Pattaya. :)

AZ

You mean there are BC's over $1000, and someone would actually buy one?

ill sell you a DUI Delta for $1001 if you want to buy one over a grand...

not to change your question (but to really change your question) tell us what style of BCD you like and you might get answers that better suit what you are looking for.

Great minds think alike -- and at the same time :D

~Jeff

:D

Actually, because I was so curious, I did a quick look on LP and it looks like the most expensive BCD listed is a Poseidon Thw Platform D100 ($875). Not really sure what it is, but I'm sure it's super fancy:D The next listed was another Poseiden ($825) and a Zeagle 911 ($729). Now I figure if you add a little bit to the LP price for what you would be paying at a LDS, then I guess you can get a BCD for $1000.

What type of diving? Cold water or warm or both? Singles or doubles or both? Steel or al? How much lift do you need? Weight integrated? If so, how much weight?

Will it be a travel bc? Have you used any before? What did you like/dislike?

Jeeeze I'da quit thinking about diving again if prices were that high.
Sports Chalet has a SeaQuest Latitude XLT on sale for $299 for the month of june.
Course I want a DSS BP/w for a little more.

But you can always buy a good bc for around $600 and hang a lot of dive stuff er equipment on it to boost the price to over a grand.

forget BC's. You can get back-packs for like $10-$30

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
I wanna see your setup:popcorn:
after all, I am poor:eyebrow:

I ended up with an Apeks WTX ... its a BP/W sorta setup, that doesnt look so "bare-bones" as a straight BPW... (ie. it has strap coverings/fabric/backpad to make it look more Rec-like) , it has 2 tank straps on the back and you can insert a plate when you eventually want to go doubles.

Its a great option in the "buy it once" school of thought... I didnt want to get a traditional rec bc and then buy Another one in 5 years when my diving gets more "technical".

You should be able to pick one up for somewhere's around $600.

Back
Top Bottom