Best Dives in Bonaire??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since you are diving with WanaDive, hit the reef at their southern tank pickup location. Super easy in and out, reef is in good shape.

Are you talking bout Windsock Dive Resort? With the metal ladder in & out? If so, yes, I liked it, too. It's a separate place from the Windsock dive site, which used to confuse me.

Richard.

Are there any dives that are very difficult entries I should be aware of???

Are there any dives that are very difficult entries I should be aware of???

There are clearly sites with very easy entries including stairways and sandy washes. Most others have some level of rock (loose or iron shore) that must be navigated and may present some challenge. When the waves are calm it is much easier than when even 2 ft wave are breaking. Also, you need to look around to find the right place to enter, and make sure you can locate it again for the exit. You can't just walk up to the edge and go in. One of my favorite sites is Karpata where there are stairs down to the rocky shore and a large cement slab (old dock) that you use to help on the entry (walk along the edge holding the slab for support as you negotiate large rocks). If the waves are breaking over the slab, we can that dive and head south.

I'm sure it will not be too much longer before some of the sites will be too difficult for us (I'm pushing 70) but we have not found the site we just can't handle yet.

Are "house reefs" free to use by anyone... Or is there a charge or no go... Wife and I are staying a block from the water in a private house.. Would like to dive the house reef at buddys...

Jim..

Back
Top Bottom