Best Sub 400$ Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What I like about the Tusa unit is that you dont have to lick your fingers to get into any screen. Just press the buttons.. Software is free from Tusa website. Download adapter is USB and not very expensive.

I 2nd the non finger lickin part... I used to have to do that to get my Suunto turned on and to switch from screen to screen.... yuck

Suunto Vyper: $359.95 at Leisure Pro. It has all the feature you want at a great price.

I vote for the Aeris XR2 on sale a Scuba Toys (I bought mine at the local dive shop and paid way more).

Nice computer of about 300 + 90 for the computer cable.

K

I would suggest the Diverite Duo or one of its twins from one of the other manufacturers. Great little computer

For reliability, it would be tough (if not impossible) to beat the Suunto Vyper or Gekko.

one of our LDS has a few Tusa 700's on sale 259.00 beat that i picked up one for my nephew getting his ow this w/e and one for an additional back up

plenty of room to grow
2 mix's if you end up Nitrox
mix 1 21%-50 i think
mix 2 21%-99%

Force E
in pompano Beach FL.
954-943-3483
i dont think they do normal mailorder but you can ask im pretty sure they would ship one out

ask for Gary or Kira
tell them Greg refered you to them

safe dives

Well again thanks guys , you are making my choice even more difficult but its ok

Fishman , what funny is i am going on vacation 23 min from there lol

Look, you'll notice that you're going to get a lot of "mine's best" or "I hate this one" type of posts.

First, figure out what is important for features (i.e. battery, display and changing display, menu procedures).

Then review them for how they meet your needs.

These days a computer from a major manufacturer is going to be a decent tool. Buy my preference for display or menu procedures in or out of the water isn't going to be the same as yours.

Use the input of others, but remember that VERY few have played with them all, and they're going to base their opinion on THEIR preferences.

Yes i am very aware of this , but i think there are a few that try few comps welling to help. Also i want to belive most of memebers are honest and only want to help , I know there are pushing and all... But i imagine if i use a comp that i hate ill tell the truth and vice versa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom