Best Website to purchase gear from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fitzsj95

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I'm pretty new to diving and have a long way to go on owning my own gear. Unfortunately there aren't that many dive shops around me, so I find myself having to order most of my gear online. Any good suggestions for reliable scuba gear websites?

LeisurePro has the largest inventory, probably the best prices, and an easily navigated and searched website. They are my default vendor. Scubatoys also has a comprehensive inventory, good prices, and offers ScubaBoard members a 10% discount. I can also recommend DiveGearExpress and Deep Sea Supply from personal experience, both of which are more specialized.

Since you live in NY, LP will charge you sales tax, Scuba Toys will not (being in Texas). Balance this with the faster UPS delivery from NY compared to Texas.

Both companies seem to stand behind what they sell, although ST is more polite on the phone and tends to go beyond what is required to make you a happy camper.

I have to agree with what everyone is saying about ST customer service. When I call LP I always feel rushed to get off the phone or not worth there time. While scuba toys has always been polite and ready to help me out with anything when I call

I think vladimir listed all of the online retailers that I've used.

Scubatoys.com is my preferred online retailer. Great place to visit if you're in the Dallas area, too. Free shipping with orders $50, 10% discount to SB members, and excellent customer service win my continuing patronage. Scubatoys will price-match Leisurepro prices, but you probably won't be able to get the 10% on price-matched items.

I order hoses from Dive Gear Express.

Northeast Scuba Supply carries stuff that lots of stores don't carry. Reasonable prices, too.

A few years back, I found that Unrealfind.com (now House of Scuba) was located just a few miles from where I live. Nice folks there, too.

They all charge too much to send stuff to Hawaii...but then I'm in Hawaii so who's complaining!:D

Back
Top Bottom