Big Catfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reading this thread...all I could think of was
http://www.lardlad.com/assets/episodes/season2.shtml
7F20-The War of the Simpsons; Homer caches the General Sherman.
I heard growing up about "Bus size" catfish in Lake Travis, down by the damn...but figured it was an exaggeration, all though, I have seen some good size ones. Anyone know the name of the big one at Windy Point?

Jef:
At a rock quarry we dive at in Kentucky, called Cerulean, they feed the fish population; mostly cat fish, bass, and bluegill. The cats get very large and are something to see, the only thing is you have to see them from the dock because they’ll avoid you when you’re under the surface with them. The fish you have to look out for are the little bluegills; they’ll come right up to you and try to take little bites out of you.
I’m told that back in the very back of the quarry is a huge cat called ‘Elvis’ and that you can find him hanging out in an submerged pink Cadillac. I can’t wait for the weather to get better and see if someone is pulling my leg.

So that's what his name is! Back in 2000, on my last cert dive where we could do whatever we wanted, I got to pet "Elvis". My dive buddy and I were cruising along some fallen trees. I catch something moving and look over and see this BIG catfish just resting on the bottom under a tree. I got my buddies attention, swam over to it, and it actually let me touch it before swimming off. I could have stuck my head in it's mouth it was so big. Pretty cool!

Back
Top Bottom