Big Mistake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nanook once bubbled...
I will give you a very serious piece of advice.

...From the "big man" who has absolutely no idea what he's talking about?

Nice job on making everyone too fearful to post anything useful. I can assure you that nobody will be posting THEIR mistakes to this board if this is how they'll be treated.

Nice going.

Do NOT learn diving skills and knowledge on the internet.

Oh, thanks, Einstein. Man, here I thought I could earn a c-card through it. :rolleyes:

Get trained by a certified instructor by actually diving in the water.

I did. A while ago. Then I did it again. A while ago.

Reinforce your knowledge via discussion.

Well, with your attitude running around, I doubt that's going to happen. I also doubt that anyone who's read this thread are going to put themselves in my position either.

Nice. Real nice. This could have been productive, but instead it's become a personal attack.

You are trying to learn too much via the internet.

You know, Nanook, with all due respect, I haven't learned ANYTHING from the Internet. Well, perhaps with the exception that there are people like you out there who feel it's necessary to personally attack someone during a discussion.

There are too many things that you don't know.

Hey, Nanook... Guess what, big man... I'm not alone. If you knew half as much as you think you do, then perhaps you should be teaching us all! Maybe there should be a "Nanook" c-card.

There are things you don't even realize you don't know.

Of course there is.

You think that YOU know it all?

Nanook, I will give you "one very serious piece of advice:" At least wait until you have ten posts under your belt before dishing advice about "learning on the Internet."

I say things you don't want to hear does not make them untrue. I don't believe I personally attacked you. I've told you to expand your training. I've recommended you stop trying to learn skills on the internet. I thought I've given you some good advice.

As far as people posting their mistakes: I don't think that will be an issue. Most people admit their mistakes and then try and learn to not repeat them.

You, on the otherhand, admit your mistakes and then go on a rampage trying to justify them. Others have given you good advice. You mostly ignore them, or tell them why that advice does not apply to YOU.

Dive within your training.

Whatever, Nanook.

I'll consider your comments deeply.

Thanks for caring so very much about my safety. :rolleyes:

you seem to think I'm somebody else. I don't know why. I don't know you. I don't care if you like what I have to say. I called BS and I still call BS.

Do you really want to start a personal attack?

I haven't even gotten into your world record attempt.

I haven't mentioned that the reason DIRF is now a pass/fail class is because too many divers like yourself just don't get it. Good thing you took it before they could fail you.

I haven't mentioned how funny it was to read posts about how "anti DIR" you were, about how "anti BP/wing" you were, and how those things changed 180deg. in a month.

I believe that you will continue to dive the way YOU know is right, no matter how wrong it may be.

to everyone else: post your mistakes, learn from them, listen to the advice of others. I'm sure you see that seajay brings this on himself. He hasn't learned one thing in this entire thread.

Goodbye

Dive within your training.

Seajay,
I keep looking at the profiles for your dives. I keep coming back to your 3 minutes NDL was when? It seems to me that you would have seen 3 minutes NDL between 12-16 minutes before you went deeper for 6 more minutes. It is just a thought, but it is what seems most consistent with what I understand about the Vyper. You get to dive another day and that is a good thing. Dive safe.
Gary:eek:ut:

Nanook once bubbled...

I haven't even gotten into your world record attempt.

Until you do better, Nanook, you're speaking out of turn about a world record attempt.

How many world records do you hold?

I haven't mentioned that the reason DIRF is now a pass/fail class is because too many divers like yourself just don't get it. Good thing you took it before they could fail you.

Please tell me about your DIR experience. You know all about mine... Now let's hear yours.

I haven't mentioned how funny it was to read posts about how "anti DIR" you were, about how "anti BP/wing" you were, and how those things changed 180deg. in a month.

Actually, it changed 180 degrees in a weekend. Guess which weekend?

I believe that you will continue to dive the way YOU know is right, no matter how wrong it may be.

You said yourself that you do not know me. How do you know how I dive?

See, there's a perfect example of someone who shoots their mouth off about something they know nothing about.

See, all you wanted to do was flame. All you wanted was a chance to argue... To be heard. Pathetic.

to everyone else: post your mistakes, learn from them, listen to the advice of others.

I doubt that's going to happen. I hope it does... But it would involve people taking substantial risk of running into someone like you... And I'm not sure that people are going to want to do that.

Ceratainly you've done this whole board a disservice.

I'm sure you see that seajay brings this on himself. He hasn't learned one thing in this entire thread.

Didn't you just tell me that I'm trying to learn too much on the Internet? Which is it... Am I trying to learn too much, or am I not learning enough?

Don't let the door hit you in the butt. :D

SeaJay once bubbled...

You know, I've been wondering where he is, too! He's overdue! :D

I'm not sure I have anything of value to say. The title of the thread is "Big Mistake" and it was. Since everyone knows that, I'm not sure what I can add.

I do have one statement but it's just stating the obvious...We need to understand decompression and how it relates to the profile we want given the gas supply we have and environmental constraints we're diving in (like temp) and plan/execute accordingly.

I was wondering though, was information from the "Art of Decompression" thread any help on this dive?

SeaJay once bubbled...
Nanook, I will give you "one very serious piece of advice:" At least wait until you have ten posts under your belt before dishing advice about "learning on the Internet."

Okay, I've been trying to ignore the banter between you two, but I'm finding it increasingly hard.

SeaJay, I originally thought you were correct about the sockpuppet thing because his only responses thus far on S/B had been directed towards you.

However, you do tend to make yourself a highly visible participant, so that is not entirely unexplainable.

Nanook has pointed out some very valid concerns, whether you choose to call them flames or not is your perogative. I think some of us who are a little more removed from the discussion can see the merit in his posts, as well as yours.

His suggestion was you needed more training and you have countered that with a list of your accomplishments.

Fine.

Just realize that in spite of your accomplishments and training you are still making mistakes that could easily turn out far worse than they have.

You posted this for discussion, yet you continually refute answers from those who seem to be more knowledgeable. If you know so much, why are you making these simple mistakes?

And finally, you told Nanook to get a few more posts under his belt before dishing out advice. What does the number of posts that he has made have to do with the price of eggs in the middle east?????

Maybe all of his time is spent out diving instead of posting (and no, I don't know, I'm just speculating based on the information I've seen provided)? Who would you rather take advice from? Someone with thousands of posts, or someone with thousands of dives?

In my opinion, you're taking this all a little too personally.

A lot of good information has been generated in this thread. Don't lose sight of the objective because of a little flak. You've also put out some incredulous statements, so you shouldn't be surprised that they get questioned.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled posters.

you already have one:

"World's greatest current overestimator"

I have no experience.

I have no DIR experience.

I have no diving experience.

I learned all my skills by reading your posts.

I do have common sense, which you lack. I think the lack of red meat has thrown your electrolyte levels out of whack.

I'll try one last time:

Dive Within Your Training

Cave Diver once bubbled...

A lot of good information has been generated in this thread.

I must have missed that part. :rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom