Biggest wreck in Great Lakes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cedarville in mackinaw. Or Jodray in St. lawrence river

The Jodrey is a tech dive all day long. The pilot house roof is around 130' in pitch black water. The current is around 2 knots. It's hard to tell where the wreck ends and wall begins. The bottom is @ 250' and it sits at a 30 list in multiple directions. It is the furthest thing from a recreational dive.

The Jodrey is a tech dive all day long. The pilot house roof is around 130' in pitch black water. The current is around 2 knots. It's hard to tell where the wreck ends and wall begins. The bottom is @ 250' and it sits at a 30 list in multiple directions. It is the furthest thing from a recreational dive.

Sounds like one heck of a sporting dive.

Sounds like a great way to go to 250' for a loooong while and then have somewhere nice to do the deeper stops.

I've heard of rec divers doing the Jodrey often, and Ive seen recreational divers do the bow of the Daniel J Morrell also. Heck they did it on single 72's when Dave found her.

Humm let's see. I have always wanted to dive the Great Lakes and see some of the wrecks. I really have nobody to go with. Since I was stationed at Quantico and lived in Woodbridge, I know about where you are at. So you put it together, I drive up and pick you up and we split the gas to and from your place. What do you think.

I am totally game for this. Though I have a feeling once we do this, it would not be our last time.

Let us start with an extended weekend to Cedarville and we can also do Eber Ward and Sandusky. The last one is such a ghostly wreck it seems right out of a movie. The season is pretty much over so how about we keep it tentative for mid July?

I've heard of rec divers doing the Jodrey often, and Ive seen recreational divers do the bow of the Daniel J Morrell also. Heck they did it on single 72's when Dave found her.

I hear of people doing bounce dives on air to 300', doesn't mean it's a good idea. It's a dive that can challenge most tech divers, so why in good conscious would I ever recommend it to someone who specifically requested a dive within recreational depths of 130'!

The bow of the Morrell starts at 120-130. I've seen gauges on the Jodrey read the same at the stern. What magic happens at 131ft to 140? The Jodrey lies in a river, so on day the conditions can be good, one day is like you mentioned above with a sceaming current and low and dark vis. It depends on where you hit it. I meant to say the Morrell in my first post and not the Jodrey. Jodrey came to mind as a shallow(er) dive and is actually the second largest wreck in the region by 1ft to the Bradley my mistake. Rec divers do both either way whether we agree with it or not.

I am totally game for this. Though I have a feeling once we do this, it would not be our last time.

Let us start with an extended weekend to Cedarville and we can also do Eber Ward and Sandusky. The last one is such a ghostly wreck it seems right out of a movie. The season is pretty much over so how about we keep it tentative for mid July?

Is that the best time due to currently, " Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early." Either way I am in.

Is that the best time due to currently, " Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early." Either way I am in.

I do not mind doing it early as I dive dry and I do not mind the water being chilly but if you follow this thread, July / August was the most suggested time, strongly recommended by local divers in that area. I believe the vis is also expected to be better in July / Aug but local divers would have to confirm that.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/great-lakes-wrecking-crew/476017-who-wants-dive-cedarville.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom