Bladder for drinking underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Certainly. Imagine doing a 2-3 hour dive. Now imagine lightly exercising for 2-3 hours on land. Pretty tough to do that without water, especially if you're already dealing with dry mouth.
Get a rebreather... no more dry mouth.

Sounds good Turtlepak. I like the part about doing a review but I live in Tennessee and dive wet. It would be late spring or early summer before I can dive with it. I will probably buy me one for Christmas or may have to hold out until Spring to take advantage of doing the review to get the shipping refund.:D

TurtleBak™ is not currently compatible with the SCUDA mouthpiece, though we are aware of interest in the integration. However, it would be very cheap and easy to create your own adaptor for it--I just got done reading an article on JB Weld's waterweld--Part No. 8277--it is rated for potable drinking water containers, lines, etc. The TurtleBak™ hydration reservoir bite valve, on the hose, is a simple screw-on bite valve that can be taken off, and a JB Weld coupler made, that would be a 100% match for what you are looking for. It would take you less than 20 minutes, to mold with 4 to 8 hours drying time.

TurtleBak™ Underwater Hydration System is comprised of the TurtleBak™ carrying pack and the reservoir. You can use your own reservoir from CamelBak®, Platypus®, Outdoor Products®, etc. Having a new reservoir is especially useful if you use an XL or larger BC, as the standard length drinking hose provided on 99.99% of all brands of hydration reservoirs are not long enough to reach over the tank, inflated BC and you to be useful, and need the use of our included hose extension kit. The extension kit comes with the purchase of the TurtleBak™ regardless if you order the TurtleBak™ with the reservoir or not.

Thanks for the question :)

A silly question. If it was hooked up to the scuda mouthpiece, how would we get the water to flow on and off? Thnx

A silly question. If it was hooked up to the scuda mouthpiece, how would we get the water to flow on and off? Thnx

Due to popular demand, we are, as of today, going to start development on integrating the TurtleBak™ with the SCUDA mouthpiece. If those of you who have a SCUDA system are willing to sell or lend a complete one to us here at TurtleBak™, we could speed up the process, and hopefully have something ready by Christmas for those interested in purchasing a TurtleBak™ with the adaptor. We are excited about this new step, thank you to those who have asked or PM'ed us for this feature.

If you have a SCUDA and are not willing to part with it, please try to take detailed pictures of how the mouthpiece, hose(s) and valve(s) connect--and for those with micrometers or calipers, the outer and inner diameter of those pieces. Please send the pictures and measurements to customerservice@TurtleBak.com. We will do our own research and engineering, but it always speeds things up with more info coming in. Thank you!

Due to popular demand, we are, as of today, going to start development on integrating the TurtleBak™ with the SCUDA mouthpiece. If those of you who have a SCUDA system are willing to sell or lend a complete one to us here at TurtleBak™, we could speed up the process, and hopefully have something ready by Christmas for those interested in purchasing a TurtleBak™ with the adaptor. We are excited about this new step, thank you to those who have asked or PM'ed us for this feature.

If you have a SCUDA and are not willing to part with it, please try to take detailed pictures of how the mouthpiece, hose(s) and valve(s) connect--and for those with micrometers or calipers, the outer and inner diameter of those pieces. Please send the pictures and measurements to customerservice@TurtleBak.com. We will do our own research and engineering, but it always speeds things up with more info coming in. Thank you!

I will pm you the pix tonight and will definitely buy one

I have had 9-10 SCUDA's over the years and am still using my last one. (I keep repairing them so I can use them). I don't dive without one. I have 3-4 spare mouthpieces with hoses if you need to actually see one. I wish I had bought a case of SCUDA's when they were still available. The seam starts to leak after a few years of squeezing but other than that, they are still in hanging in there. I use PowerAde in mine.
I've learned not to fill them all the way, thus making them last a bit longer. So many wonderful inventions that go belly up when I need a new one.....like DiveSkins by Oztex....another item I love that went belly up.......

Last edited:
I have had 9-10 SCUDA's over the years and am still using my last one. (I keep repairing them so I can use them). I don't dive without one. I have 3-4 spare mouthpieces with hoses if you need to actually see one. I wish I had bought a case of SCUDA's when they were still available. The seam starts to leak after a few years of squeezing but other than that, they are still in hanging in there. I use PowerAde in mine.
I've learned not to fill them all the way, thus making them last a bit longer. So many wonderful inventions that go belly up when I need a new one.....like DiveSkins by Oztex....another item I love that went belly up.......

How did u repair the leaks?
Thnx

duct tape

Really and it worked, thnx

So when you drink from a TurtlBak, is there a problem of getting saltwater in your mouth when inserting the drinking tube? If "yes", how do you deal with it? Can you spit out the saltwater while the TB tube is in your mouth, or what?

The back of my throat gets rather dry after 5-10 minutes and this seems like it might help greatly on 40-60 min dives.

Back
Top Bottom