Bonaire in How Many Days??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will be down there with a group from here staying at Buddy. How about you guys? Flying out of Houston Bush at 11:59pm.

Will be down there with a group from here staying at Buddy. How about you guys? Flying out of Houston Bush at 11:59pm.

The IVS crew is staying at The Plaza. Many of us are flying out of Newark, NJ on an 11:55pm Flight. We get in around 4:30 AM otherwise known as Oh-Dark-Thirty.

It's been a quick 2 weeks for me, last dive about 5:30 pm. I'm reading your post about how many days, it is never enough, been here 2 wks.
Enjoy everyone, paradise has never felt so good. My 10th trip to Bonaire in
3 yrs. Followed a turtle hanging out a Bari Reef, magical. Seen a couple of huge green eels, tagged over a dozen lionfish. This trip have to say that Tolo was my favorite dive site. Just something special about this reef, so many fish, so much beautiful coral formations.
I'll be ready all your post when I go home to NJ on Saturday, boo hoo, but have a wonderful dive vacation, I certainly have and will return here for 2 weeks at Christmas. ENJOY!!

:D. Bags are packed, except for my new prescription mask which is supposed get in tomorrow. We can check in for our flight in another 5 + hours. There are 58 in the Indian Valley Scuba group. Should be a great time!

24 in the Ascuba Venture group out of Texas. I hate airline baggage fees!!!!
20 hours till lift off.

I just finished packing my bag - 47 lbs so I'm under the limit. My carry on is 35lbs.

I just finished packing my bag - 47 lbs so I'm under the limit. My carry on is 35lbs.

Nice work Mike, my three checked bags were 86#, 71# and 68# today at the airport, plus my three carry-ons - camera case 42#, backpack 28#, and briefcase 8#- I gotta get some coaching from you!

For years i could get my bag to 49#, plus my heavy backpack/carry-on, which I try to make look very light and small as I carry it, but adding the SS plate, Dive Rite light, and S&S camera package last season simply put me over the top. Now I am stuck with two checked bags.

8 days!

I actually started packing a bit (I know :shocked2:) last evening, changing out the dry suit hose, etc, and sorting gear and preparing for warm water diving again.

Well, the good news is there weren't any baggage fees on Continental, even selecting two bags. Looks like each person can have two (up to 50lbs) with no extra fee. At that point, we decided to add a duffelbag, just too keep things better distributed. My carry-on (backplate, wing, STA, can-light) is about 30lbs. My "personal item" has all my regs and my laptop and isn't TOO heavy.

Well, the good news is there weren't any baggage fees on Continental, even selecting two bags. Looks like each person can have two (up to 50lbs) with no extra fee. At that point, we decided to add a duffelbag, just too keep things better distributed. My carry-on (backplate, wing, STA, can-light) is about 30lbs. My "personal item" has all my regs and my laptop and isn't TOO heavy.

Great news !!! Thanks Mike, very good to know.

You know Mike, I tried and tried to understand Continental's web site. Sometimes I got the impression we could still check two for free, but then another reading gave me a different message. VERY hard to decipher their BS!

I think checking in ONLINE is the key to getting that second bag free. I think doing it at the airport kiosk is where you get burned. :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom