boots in wetsuit or wetsuit in boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... I know I shouldn't ask... but, where did you find that picture... and what were you doing there? :D

Believe it or not but the few times I saw that pic it was on Scubaboard.

After that I got slapped with a profile infraction by The Kraken for having posted a photo of a recurrent Scubaboard subject: The Warhammer maneuver. :shakehead:

Believe it or not but the few times I saw that pic it was on Scubaboard.

After that I got slapped with a profile infraction by The Kraken for having posted a photo of a recurrent Scubaboard subject: The Warhammer maneuver. :shakehead:

A classic.....

you do realise that now mods are running around screaming :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

to get back on topic ... definitely boots inside wetsuit

Boots inside. I once did the opposite and water flushed in and out of my boots, that was late autumn in the North Sea with a water temperature of 50 deg F. You only do that once.

You should try and get the rubber version of what's showing on your avatar...:wink:

Oh believe me, I would if I could. I have had a hard time with boots/fins. My foot is very narrow. If someone made custom scuba boots, I would get then in a minute. My boots are probably an inch too wide, and they were the best fit I could find. Same with my fins. I lose some of my kick efficiency because of the "play" in the width.

Lots of great responses, but I must add that it depends on the suit, the boots and, dare I say, the size of the ankles. At the end of the day, there is no right or wrong as some suits won't allow you to cover the boots whilst some boots won't cover the suit. You need to find what's most comfortable for you.

Remember - there are two kinds of divers - those who pee in their wetsuits, and those who lie.

I do not pee inside the wet suit.
I just pee before go down and surely must pee after going out the water.
It's very easy to realize who pee and who not. Just for the smell.

Most people here seem to prefer boots on the inside of the wetsuit leg. I've done both, but more recently, I switched to having boots on the outside for the primary reason that the wetsuit leg seal then sits snugly against my leg and reduces water flow into and out of my wetsuit, keeping me core warmer. If the boots are on the inside, then the neoprene sits crudely on the boot (and zipper) enabling all types of water channeling inside.

Yes, the boots do have the tendency to get overfilled with water, but that only happens when I'm exiting. And, I haven't minded too much if my feet get cold even in local freshwater dives here in Illinois.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom