BP/W issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(right now I have two complete BP/W rigs out on long-term loan).

Bless you, Bob -- and you may not ever get one of them back!

CALI68:
The DSS single tank wing doesn't require an STA. I guess it's like a Halcyon Pioneer in that respect. You can use an STA but you shouldn't need it.

http://deepseasupply.com/page10.html

-Chris

Good to know! Just got a DSS bp/w & am a little too negative in the water with my steel tank. This is w/ the plastic bp & no weight. Absolutely love the setup, however. MUCH better than my old BC for me, although I always liked it. Still have some tweaking to do with the harness before I can call it perfect.

jagfish:
You need a little body fat, Marvel...:05:

I have plenty to share....:D

You must be joking, Jag. I just keep gaining & gaining & gaining..... something about hurrricanes & no electricity & no diving- we just eat drink & make merry when that happens (after the cleanup , of course) :05:

Well, hopefully now that the weather is calming down, you can get back to some diving...

I'm OK in the summer, but this is the time of year that I begin to collect my winter storage, groundhog style...

Maybe you didn't use a STA!With my SS Diverite camband,my tank is always solidly bolted on.Fredi.

cool_hardware52:
Because of variations in the design of the center channels of various backplates, and the spacing of the slots, the wedge blocks fit only DSS plates.

Don't sell your own product too short -- though they won't fit other backplates in the center channel, I find that they can be threaded onto the bands and still gain the sticky and compression benefits.

When I was using a DeepOutdoors plate without an STA, I threaded them on right after the plate, so that they also served as keepers to prevent the straps from sliding back toward the buckle.

lairdb:
Don't sell your own product too short -- though they won't fit other backplates in the center channel, I find that they can be threaded onto the bands and still gain the sticky and compression benefits.

When I was using a DeepOutdoors plate without an STA, I threaded them on right after the plate, so that they also served as keepers to prevent the straps from sliding back toward the buckle.

Laird,

The wedgeblocks might work with other plates, but we make a universal "Cam Strap Tension Pad" that I know will work on pretty much any camstrap. That would be my recommendation for none DSS plates.

Regards,

Tobin

Just to follow up on this thread that I started, it looks like the problem is using the BP without a STA because I use a 30 cu ft pony tank attached to one cam band. I'm sure it would work without a STA were it not for the pony bottle. With the pony bottle it's going to take a STA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom