BP/W STA and Regulator Port Orientation - How do you have your set up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a 'PADI' rec hose setup on an Apeks DST with the 5th port upgrade - the Octo comes out of the bottom of the turret (for long hose, I'd have that there), with the body of the first stage angled at about 45 degrees, so it routes down under my right arm. Primary second stage on the right, SPG on a short hose (just reaches hip D-ring with a tiny bit of slack to spare) on the left, and inflator hose adjacent to that. I need to be careful to position the tank properly or the inflator hose tends to get bent in a less than elegant manner (similar to your pics above), but shifting the tank an inch or so up usually fixes that.

Mattia V and Dolby ,

Thanks for your replies. I did try rotating the body instead since the Z2s turret does not swivel. Not the most elegant and ''natural'' arrangement but it does solve the problem of the sharp bends.

I looked around the internet and found the regs that have their ports facing directly to the left or right would have less issues with hose routing.

Entry level Atomic or not, the Atomic Z2 would really much better with a rotating turret. Really would have made it more easily adaptable from one BCD / BPW setup to another as I found to be the case with the Scubapro MK5 and MK10s I have.

I imagine it would complicate things further with the addition of a dry suit inflator. Am thankful I dive all tropical. :)

Apeks FST XTX100 (7' primary reg hose; 22" back-up reg hose; 18" inflator hose & 30" drysuit hose)
image.jpeg

Oceanic PX2 yoke swivel turret (same hoses as Apeks except for shorter 15" inflator hose)
image.jpeg

Kev,

The Apeks with the port layout is perfect. Your photo of the oceanic looks like the hoses may rub against the wing when fully inflated?

Btw, what BP/W is that ?

Thabks for posting photos.
The back-up/necklaced reg hose and wing inflator hose of both Apeks & Oceanic configs will "rub" as they feed over the top of a fully inflated wing. The BP/W is actually a Halcyon Traveler Pro for single tank only.

A Scubapro reg (like MK20 or MK25) will have a LP port on the top of the 1st stage. Many open that port and put their long hose there. I'm going diving later and will take a picture and post for you.

@compressor see the picture in the post right above yours as that has the port orientation on a mk25 that you're talking about
Yes I saw that pic. I should have browsed to page 2 before replying.
Enclosed is the picture of my MK20 with on my Halcyon wing as well. Hope its useful.

Attachments

• IMG_3248.jpg
    IMG_3248.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 541
This is how I do the Z2. Both BC shots are fully inflated.

IMG_2808.JPG IMG_2811.JPG IMG_2812.JPG

Entry level Atomic or not, the Atomic Z2 would really much better with a rotating turret.

Agreed, which is why it's optional, for extra cost of course!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom