Bucket list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This following message is spot on:
IMG_5069.jpg

So revisiting this thread after doing Banda LOB and spending a month in Europe...I've decided I want to live in Prague but diving wise - I would love to (and will) do the Dive/Land tour at Baffin Island and dive the edge of the ice flow before it's gone and hopefully dive with narwhals - maybe a beluga lol? I didn't get to dive or even get to Norway but I did dip a toe in the water at Rotterdam (Cold!) so working on getting to like colder water.

Unfortunately the one trip on offer is horrendously expensive - but it's..on the list

FYI, continue to check off my bucket list. I just booked a liveaboard trip to Palau with Palau Aggressor II in December. They have $500 off if you book & paid off the deposit by Jan 15.

Aggressor Fleet - The Ultimate in LiveAboards

The next one to book is Sardin Run, South Africa in June 2018. :)

Last edited:
I knew that my (former) LDS had organized some great trips, and the vast majority of my dive traveling has been with them, but I was surprised to see so many places that I have been to as other people's bucket list trips. So, in light of that, hats off & thanks to Delta Divers in Rome NY for some amazing trips.

First of all, some of the places I've been to already (in no particular order):
Bahamas (both shore based & live aboard)
Belize
Socorro Islands
Isla Guadalupe
Cozumel
Fiji
Turks & Caicos Islands (both shore based and live aboard)
Grand Cayman
Mexican Cenotes
Bonaire
Curacao
Florida (Keys & Panhandle)

Now, some of the places I'd still like to go (and in some cases why):

Great Barrier Reef
Bahamas: Tiger Beach (Tigers) / Cat Cay (Oceanic White Tips) / Bimini (Hammerheads)
Maldives
Red Sea
Jupiter Florida
Florida Keys (When I dove on the Spiegel Grove, it was only a few weeks after it was sunk. She was laying on her side & there was almost no life on her. I would like to she her now that she is upright & full of life)

Hi! Haven't dived in a while but I have been lucky enough to dive Komodo, mexico (not the guadalupe, just casual), the similan and the rowley shoals in Australia!

I did not read every single post but if it has not been done before I would recommend the Rowley shoals to be added on any bucket list!

Anyways, my posts comes after a search on the galapagos, I see that Dan_T was heading there. May I ask if the galapagos could be dived by a beginner and and "semi-advanced" diver like me ? I could help my friend who is a beginners - 25 dives logged - but otherwise would also rely on the dive guide. I read different informaiton online like here Galapagos Diving - Galapagos Liveaboard or on PADI Open Water Course Galapagos and I am not quite sure if assisted an open water diver can be okay around the galapagos.

We are thinking of a cruise - liveaboard.

Thank you also all for the great bucket list ideas :)

Emily, another note about my last diving with Galápagos Master. The cruise director, Jimmy, paired the divers, who came alone with similar diving experience. I got lucky to share my cabin with a similar diving experience with me. He also became my dive buddy during the trip.

To enter the water from the zodiac, we just do the back roll together. Then once everyone gave OK sign, we got down together.

Those air hogger, who had 750 psi (50 bar) left in their tank sooner than the rest, would be sent up to the safety stop up above us, where the zodiac was waiting to pick them up. The DM went up to the surface with the last pair of divers. My buddy & I have similar air consumption (0.4-0.5 cfm) & ended up going back to the zodiac with the DM last. So, make sure you have safety sausage (SMB) with you.

Each pair also was given a Nautilus Lifeline just in case you get swept away by current then, you can call the boat to pick you up.

Wow! The pictures! :) Thanks for sharing! And thanks for the tips! I'll get better at diving before I face the Galapagos haha :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom