bungee jumping after a dive!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I accidently froze a beer last night. Then I made a hole in the ice.....never mind. It was messy.

H2Andy:
NO!!!! you will DIE!!!

everybody knows that the faster you go, the slower time passes ... it's a proven fact that in a spaceship flying near the speed of light, time passes much slower than in a spaceship NOT flying near the speed of light ...

thus, by traveling fast downward (at terminal velocity, i should guess) you'll be traveling much slower in the space-time continuum... thus slowing down the offgassing process,
thus increasing your chances of DCS!!

oh the humanity of it

Now comes the question of bungee jumping into a black hole...that bungee jump would be one heck of an "event"...see the horizon...see the horizon grasshoppa...But I can't see the horizon...oops...too late...

Catherine...Your avatar is awesome...I want a poster...

catherine96821:
I accidently froze a beer last night. Then I made a hole in the ice.....never mind. It was messy.

Yup, don't freeze yourself solid after diving. The dissolved gas comes out of solution and it just gets really messy when you thaw out...

rawls:
Now comes the question of bungee jumping into a black hole...that bungee jump would be one heck of an "event"...see the horizon...see the horizon grasshoppa...But I can't see the horizon...oops...too late...

Ah the old paradox of the infinitely strong bungee rope and the supermassive black hole...

lamont:
Yup, don't freeze yourself solid after diving. The dissolved gas comes out of solution and it just gets really messy when you thaw out...
Dissolved gas coming out of ice holes.........I've said too much.

Before I'm convinced, I want to see a study that attaches an ultrasound device to the wrist of the people bungee jumping after dives. Then, and only then, if device and diver were intact would I consider this feat.

Actually, I'm too chicken, diving or not.

I have done, in Phuket, 3 dives, several cocktails, and a bungee jump in one day, in that order, with no ill effects. I doubt the G-forces are comparable to a car braking though--I rarely scream like a girl in a car.:D

Once again H2Andy cracked me up. Now lets see if we can connect string theory to diving.

In order to get to 1/2 atm, you have to go to an altitude of 18,000 ft. Unless you have a long-*** bungee cord, then I wouldn't worry. I've ridden a 400ft roller coaster multiple times about two hours after diving and didn't get bent. That's a hell of a lot more stress and g-forces than a bungee jump.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom