Buying computer! Advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasteve1982

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm buying my first computer. I'm pretty set on the Cressi-Sub Edy Wrist Computer. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about it? Thanks

Nothing to say about that particular one. But I will say that it may not necessarily be the computer but the company... or more specifically, the company's service/warranty department. While I've had some people dis Oceanic products (a local shop to be specific) they have a great support/warranty/customer service!

I would buy anything Oceanic based on the fact that if I had a problem, they would be there to help. My advice would be to make sure [insert manufacturer's name here] stands behind their product.

I hope you get some good feedback about your choice. I looked at just about every computer out there and it came down to two things... I got a great price on my Pro Plus 2 and the owner of the shop I bought it from uses one too and had only good things to say about it. Unfortunately, you can only get so much information on-line.

Ken

My LDS owner uses it, he likes the Cressi products. I use the Archimedes II and would recommend that just due to price and bigger display. If you want a a comp that doubles as a watch then get the Edy. The Edy II may be a little better in guesstimating deco time. It's algorithm is based on 12 tissue compartments instead of 9. I dont think the difference is worth the price difference though since the 2 is probably 100 more than the first.

My LDS owner uses it, he likes the Cressi products. I use the Archimedes II and would recommend that just due to price and bigger display. If you want a a comp that doubles as a watch then get the Edy. The Edy II may be a little better in guesstimating deco time. It's algorithm is based on 12 tissue compartments instead of 9. I dont think the difference is worth the price difference though since the 2 is probably 100 more than the first.

I looked at both, the edy 2 is a lot more expensive than the first. I like the edy because I can use it as a watch when needed as well. Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom