BUYING FROM LEISURE PRO vs. THE LOCAL DIVE SHOP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RANT WARNING!!!!!!

Yeah, I buy from LP/Online. Now I'm so sick of the LDS-FUD. So to dispell the myth of them being "not authorized" I did some research and these are the brands I found LP authorized for so far:

Sherwood, Akona, Genesis
Oceanic, Hollis, Aeris
Tusa
Pinnacle
Mares/Dacor
Apollo
Zeagle
Underwater Kinetics
XS Scuba
Cressi
OMS
And I'm sure there are more but I think I have enough to make my point.

So anyone saying they are not authorized and you wil die if you buy from LP/Online I call BS! I work hard for my money and am not in the habit of throwing it away. It is your money, spend it how you see fit but STOP THE LIES!!!!

Rant over.

I could not say it better myself. I have point out those brands in the past that they are authorized dealers of. And the Pro pay out of your nose group, then bring up the so call service issue. Another crock of BS. :D Then they bring up that they do not sell the brands from the Aqualung family. Saying that they make way better equipment. Another Crock of BS. Mares, Oceanic and a couple of other brands are just as good as aqualung and micron.

I say buy were you feel comfortable with.:D

Give them a call, you would be surprise the price you can get and I pretty sure you would like the price. I pretty much brought 90% if my gear from them, and have not had any complaint about the prices.

Are you saying I will get a different price if I call rather than order over the web? If this is true, they have lost my business forever.

I don't negotiate price and I don't appreciate paying a different price than anyone else. If I thought the online stores were doing this I would be terribly disappointed.

Then again, I shop 2 or 3 online stores before I order and I almost always pick the cheapest one.

In any event, I don't need any more dive gear other than small odds and ends. The big items for our herd of 4 divers has already been bought.

Richard

In any event, I don't need any more dive gear other than small odds and ends. The big items for our herd of 4 divers has already been bought.

Richard

Keep dreaming...:D

I can't believe I actually posted something on the zillionith pointless LP vs LDS thread.

Keep dreaming...:D

I can't believe I actually posted something on the zillionith pointless LP vs LDS thread.

I can't believe it either. Is there such a thing as Guitar Board? :wink:

Are you saying I will get a different price if I call rather than order over the web? If this is true, they have lost my business forever.

I don't negotiate price and I don't appreciate paying a different price than anyone else. If I thought the online stores were doing this I would be terribly disappointed.

Richard

Yes you get a diff. price in my store than online as well. a dealer can only avert. a price but what they sell it for is between you and the retailer :wink:

in other words try a phone call on the items you still need to buy and you may get a deal.

Then again, I shop 2 or 3 online stores before I order and I almost always pick the cheapest one.

Richard

Do you pay the advertised price for car?

Do you buy house without trying to negotiate?

Should you ever accept the first offer of employment from a potential employeer, without negotiating?

Bottom line is almost everything is negotiable, and unless you ask you'll never know. So please don't be dissappointed in the fact that others may ask.

Steve

Richard

As an authorized dealer, they need to adhear to the Minimum Advertise Price that the manufacturer set on their advertising. If you really look, ever online dealer are advertising MAP price. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Do you pay the advertised price for car?
Well, there wasn't a price advertised, I just called them and asked if they had a particular vehicle, they said yes, I said I would buy it, they said for how much, and I said for whatever price is on the sticker from the manufacturer, and they said OK. Then I got a plane ticket, flew down there, bought the car, and drove it about 5000 miles home.

Do you buy house without trying to negotiate?
Yes. It was a great deal too.

Should you ever accept the first offer of employment from a potential employeer, without negotiating?
In some cases, yes.

Bottom line is almost everything is negotiable, and unless you ask you'll never know. So please don't be dissappointed in the fact that others may ask.
Not everyone enjoys or cares to engage in what they consider BS. They just want a price, and if they don't like it, they'll move on until they get one they do like, rather than engage in the back and forth game playing for price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom