BVIs on a Budget?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiggy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Due to some excess vacation days and frequent flyer miles next year, my husband and I are looking to do a dive trip some place warm. We're currently eyeing the week around Labor Day (September). After a bit of digging, it looks like the USVI/BVIs are the best option based on our airline constraints. It also looks like the BVIs offer better diving opportunities.

However, we're on a budget. Ideally, I'd like to spend around $1700 for the trip (not including airfare). I may be able to push that number up to $2000. From the research I've done so far, I'm not sure if a week-long trip would be do-able based on our budget. We're flexible as far as which islands and don't mind splitting our time between a few. We're just looking for clean, safe lodging. (No camping this trip, however.)

Can we fit a BVI trip into our budget? If not, I guess it will be back to Coz.

Thanks!

Absolutely! We work with some great villas and hotels on Virgin Gorda. PM me and I'll send you the details.

September is a great time for BVI diving as summer conditions prevail meaning calm winds, flat seas and warm water. Not to mention that it isn't crowded and the diving is unbelievable that time of year.

Jeff

tiggy,
have you considered chartering a private yacht?
you could get one with crew or captain alone.
you would be able to see and dive alot of the bvi's.
you can contact the moorings or regency yacht charters.
they also offer bareboat.
what ever you decide you can get one to fit your budget.
regards,

PM sent this morning.

VG-make your info public, I am also considering a trip to BVI and travelling on a budget.

Rexman

I sent you a PM about it. I don't want to be one of the pushy type people who only promote their businesses on a forum. So I respond directly back to people who are interested. I try to use the board for information instead of advertising my company.

VGdiver-Thanks for the information! (My apologies for the delay in replying, work has been eating my soul.) I'll definitely add that to my research. It looks like a wonderful option.

smokey braden-As great as it looks, a yacht is still a bit out of our budget. Since neither of us currently know how to sail, it's a touch more expensive than just renting the yacht. However, since both of us would love to learn at some point, I think I know where we'll be going to train! Now to just fit that into the vacation calendar...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom