Can anyone recommend good dive related books?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
What are some good dive related books out there? I already have Deep Descent, The Last Dive, all of Gary Gentile's books, and the OxyHacker's Companion.

You will find a few threads exactly like this one..

The Fireside Diver is a compendium of short stories related to the history of diving. It's a good read.

I like threads like this one. Makes me think I'm not the only one totally consumed by diving. I am currently reading Deep Diving and Submarine Operations. It is pretty much the history of diving. It originaly came out many years ago but still a wealth of information.

Joe

I honestly have like every single dive book that I have ever picked up. Even the Jarrod Jablonski's doing it right had some very interesting info in it. I would have to say the most comprehensive dive book that I have with tons of opinions on diving would have to be the technical diving encyclopedia by Tom Mount. Tom Mount is the one who started IANTD. Any book is a good though and I have appreciated every single one I have ever picked up.

My night stand has a copy of "Shipwrecks of the Sunshine State" by Mike Barnette, has lots of goodies in it. I never realized there were a couple of good wrecks right where I had been doing a little spearfishing... who'd a known.
Inside the stand is a bunch of 1960s vintage Scuba Diver mags, great nostalgia stuff.
BEST Publications has some good stuff, as does the Historical Diving Society.

Diving Physiology in Plain English by Jolie Bookspan

Back
Top Bottom