Can anyone recommend good dive related books?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the only thing you'll ever really need to read about diving...

saying

An excellent book is Down Time: Great Writers on Diving by Ed Kitrell (Editor). In particular is the short story Compressor by James Hamilton-Paterson…flip through it at your local bookstore…I think you’ll be impressed. For something more eclectic you might try The Fireside Diver: An Anthology of Underwater Adventure by Bonnie J. Cardon (Editor). These stories are a bit more varied but it’s worth a look…

WheelerDealer once bubbled...
What are some good dive related books out there? I already have Deep Descent, The Last Dive, all of Gary Gentile's books, and the OxyHacker's Companion.

Check this thread for some good ideas:

Have I got a book for you!

I started a similar thread a few months ago.

Many of the books are difficult to find - especially for someone who doesn't know where to look. I don't think Amazon has many advanced books on any subject, diving in particular.

I've since ordered books from

DAN
Bestpub
GUE

and

IANTD

Any other site suggestions are always welcome

I'm about to read the NOAA diving manual. I'll let you know how it is...

Well the only diving book I have currently other than my books from my OW course, scuba equipment maintenance, oxygen first aid and the Navy Dive Manual is:

Scuba Diving for dummies. a friend got it for me. A little over my head though, guess that doesn't bode very well for me. hehe..Just kidding.

WheelerDealer:
What are some good dive related books out there? I already have Deep Descent, The Last Dive, all of Gary Gentile's books, and the OxyHacker's Companion.
I have collected about every scuba book I can find. The dive tables have changed a lot, but the basic rule is still the same.
Dont hold your breath and ascend.
I prefer Basic Scuba by Fred Roberts. Its from the early days of the sport, back when people used to service their own gear. You can usually find a copy on E-bay, or put it on your wish list at Half .com
Aloha Turtleguy

Back
Top Bottom