Can I connect my new agualung mbs 2nd stage and octopus along with a dive console to my first stage? At home? Or is this something I need a shop to do

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigAladdin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently bought an Aqualung regulator mbs. Can I safely connect everything
To the first stage at home? I’ve never done this before, but I need to connect the second stage the octopus and a dive console I bought the dive consul is HP.

Not hard to do. Be careful you don't connect a low pressure hose to a high pressure port. Tighten hose connectors snug but not over tight. Think about your hose layout. Have fun.

Work carefully and make sure the O-ring isn’t compromised. Also, make sure everything stays squeaky clean. I’ve done such changes in my hotel room... no big deal! You will probably need only a proper size (or adjustable) wrench. In fact, I carry a little 4” Craftsman adjustable wrench in my travel kit.
🐸

Make certain to use air spool between HP hose and console...
1694882854019.png

BigAladdin,

In my previous post I was writing on the assumption you already had everything hooked up on one first stage and were just transferring it to another. Given that you are dealing with a new set of parts that has never been assembled, and given that you felt led to ask the question (suggesting a certain level of inexperience) I’m going to suggest you get a very good set of instructions with illustrations before you proceed.

Endler’s post following my previous one highlights one of several pitfalls you may encounter when starting from scratch as you seem to be. Getting the console (only) attached to a high pressure port will probably be self explanatory with a recently produced 1st stage as it has become standard for modern LP and HP ports to be different. A 2nd stage attached to a HP port could get very exciting! If you feel at all uncomfortable with following the directions here and those you find, please have someone who knows what they are doing help you. Even if it costs a little money, that’s better than repairing damage done by a faulty assembly.

Best of luck!
Green 🐸 Frog

With all respect to the previous posters, if your 1st stage was manufactured in the current century, it is impossible to connect a regulator to a high pressure port. They are different sizes, end of story.

With all respect to the previous posters, if your 1st stage was manufactured in the current century, it is impossible to connect a regulator to a high pressure port. They are different sizes, end of story.
^^^^^^ This is what I found on my SP MK17/S555 and R395 regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom