Can I make my Envoy Deluxe into a cold water reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My96z

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am stationed down here in Texas. I might go home for a bit this summer to Michigan to visit my family and there is the opportunity to go diving in the Great Lakes with my brother.

I just recently bought a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe regulator. I know its not a cold water reg, but I thought I read somwhere on here that I can order parts for it to make it into a cold water regulator. If this is true, can anyone provide me info on what I would need to convert it?

Thanks!

Jeff

Yes you can convert to the DS-V which involves adding a heat exchanger to the 2nd stage and an enviromental kit to the first stage.
You could have this upgrade performed when your reg is serviced next time.
You can add the 2nd stage heat exchanger your self. You will probably need to have a service tech convert the first stage because the diaphram will need to be replaced.

as the other post states you can upgrade your reg to a cold water version.
the second stage heat exchanger is a piece of metal that goes onto the body of the second stage between the hose and the body. if you were to take off the hose and remove the thin nut on the breathing tube you can remove the piece of black plastic that sits against the body. after that is off you put the metal heat exchanger on in its place, put the thin nut back on and replace the hose.

for the first stage you will have to buy a enviromental kit, and have a zeagle repair center install it fot you. they will have to readjust the IP on the reg when they do the install. but yu do not have to replace the diaphram. its just a extension ring that puts an air space between the enviro seal and the diaphram.

I am stationed down here in Texas. I might go home for a bit this summer to Michigan to visit my family and there is the opportunity to go diving in the Great Lakes with my brother.

I just recently bought a Zeagle Envoy Deluxe regulator. I know its not a cold water reg, but I thought I read somwhere on here that I can order parts for it to make it into a cold water regulator. If this is true, can anyone provide me info on what I would need to convert it?

Thanks!

Jeff

I have used mind from day 1 in cold water:shocked2:There has been no changes made to it at all. Love that reg.

as the other post states you can upgrade your reg to a cold water version.
the second stage heat exchanger is a piece of metal that goes onto the body of the second stage between the hose and the body. if you were to take off the hose and remove the thin nut on the breathing tube you can remove the piece of black plastic that sits against the body. after that is off you put the metal heat exchanger on in its place, put the thin nut back on and replace the hose.

for the first stage you will have to buy a enviromental kit, and have a zeagle repair center install it fot you. they will have to readjust the IP on the reg when they do the install. but yu do not have to replace the diaphram. its just a extension ring that puts an air space between the enviro seal and the diaphram.

Yes, the diaphram does need to be replaced anytime the clamping ring is removed, on any diaphram regulator.
The clamping ring crushes the edge of the diaphram to hold it in place.
Reusing or reclamping the diaphram can result in it blowing out from under the clamp ring during the dive, and that will result in an instant out of air situation and risk of drowning.
Because of risks involved I feel it's important to keep the information correct.

Thanks for the help guys. I will be sure to have the authorized dealer where I bought it from put a cold water kit on it.

Thank you all for your help and time.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom