can light in PNW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c555

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, i am probably going to be getting a can light in the next couple months and i was wondering what a good choice would be. I dive in puget sound right now with a c8 6 watt hid. So far i like it, but some people have said you need more than 10 watts up here. I like the diverite 10w slimeline w/ adjustable head. Any recemondations on light brightnes and manufacturer would help. Thanks for any input.

I very much enjoy using my 21w Salvo HID in the sound. There are other good lights, but my experience with those is limited.

The Salvo is excellent quality, uses the (almost) indestructible britestar bulb, and they have amazing service. I have yet to find a dissatisfied Salvo customer.

Rick, would anyone consider a 21 watt hid overkill? It sounds like a lot to me.

c555:
Rick, would anyone consider a 21 watt hid overkill? It sounds like a lot to me.
Not in Puget Sound! (...or 40 degree freezing Canada. eyebrow )

It's just about perfect!:D

Can I also sing the praises of the Salvo 21W? I have the remote ballast light, and I absolutely and utterly LOVE it. And 21W is NOT overkill here.

The Salvo light has beautiful focus, wonderful intensity, is beautifully machined, and mine came with two batteries, so even if/when I flood one, I still have one to use!

I started with the Nite Rider 10W, which is a light with many virtues -- almost indestructible, fits on traditional BCs, tiny light head. But I got serious light envy almost immediately, and in less than six months, had upgraded. Save yourself the first, less expensive purchase, and just go for the gusto.

c555:
Hi, i am probably going to be getting a can light in the next couple months and i was wondering what a good choice would be. I dive in puget sound right now with a c8 6 watt hid. So far i like it, but some people have said you need more than 10 watts up here. I like the diverite 10w slimeline w/ adjustable head. Any recemondations on light brightnes and manufacturer would help. Thanks for any input.

I would encourage you to take a look at Green Force. We offer both 10 and 21 HID. Our 21 watt compact is impact resistant. We have several different battery options you can choose from. The advantages are listed on the side bar to your left :D WOW... I didn't have to type it out! We are the most versatile system on the market. Should you have any questions, let me know.

P.S. if 21 watt isn't bright enough...try our 70 watt HID due our in 3 months!!!

Thanks - Greg

The Green Force lights are beautiful, and have a very good system for sealing, but at least as of a couple of months ago, they did not offer a focusable light head.

Greg, is there an easy way for me to compare the brightness of the Tristar 15 Lighthead say, with the 21 watt HID?

people please post links to these beautiful devices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom