Can you name the fish or the place?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yup Melissa, the side closest to the San Pedro.

and the urinal is an actual urinal not one that was placed down there....A couple of years ago when the Mahi broke across the middle you could see the mens bathroom. I tried taking this picture so many times, but there is so much flying around that I never got it without snow. Finally in January 2004, just before Fritz died, I got the picture.

I had to hunt to find the name of the pink fish when I first took it. It's called a gum drop and they hide in the coral heads. (picture taken at the pipe)

So justleesa,was yours a type of hawkfish, do you think, or no? Okay I found a good wreck one.

I never saw your wreck shirts! I was thinking about doing that! I never get around to anything though! Is this the same fish? My Hoover book was borrowed.

Oh...maybe not. Yours has more of a rounded blenny snout.

Nope, these are Redbarred Hawkfish and here is my shirt

21606562_B_tn.jpg

on the front I drew what the Mahi looked like when it was still the Scrimmage

very nice! I guess being an artist helps.

Catherine, if I am not mistaken, I believe that your pictures are the Potter's Angel fish, named after the founder of the Waikiki aquarium and the "Mahi" is the wreck.

What is the prize?

Very Impressive. You must be studying up.....You need to post some of those Bull sharks that have been following you around. It is the only way to convince us. Besides, I don't think we have those. If we do how 'bout not telling me? I am still trying to digest the whole Great White reality.

catherine96821:
Very Impressive. You must be studying up.....You need to post some of those Bull sharks that have been following you around. It is the only way to convince us. Besides, I don't think we have those. If we do how 'bout not telling me? I am still trying to digest the whole Great White reality.

You have Tigers, and Great Whites (among others, like over 40 species). Of course the Great Whites are just tourists, and they are only there I *think* in the Winter months... but I could have this backwards :D

There are some interesting shows on the Discovery channel where they tagged GWhites, and found that they head to Hawaii when they want a vacation from terrorizing seals off the coast of California. Then again they don't always head to Hawaii, some went to MX. Rather facinating animals. Maybe Bill will chime in as I think he is rather into sharks... :jaws:

Sorry for the Hijack :11doh: :eek:fftopic:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom