Can't book Batik flights with US credit card. Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishWatcher747

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Title says it all. I see a previous thread but that is just a few posts saying European Credit cards mostly work. One can get all the way into booking a domestic flight in Indonesia for April 2023, seats selected, put in US credit card, then a message shows "Card rejected by bank" Well I called my US bank (Chase Visa) and they have no record of a request for payment.

Batik has not responded to an email. I don't do Whatsapp.

Bottom line I've got a round trip to Jakarta but can't get to my dive destination. Suggesting flying with a different airline doesn't help. Batik is basically it flying to and from Manado.

If I can't get an answer I may contact Tim Yeo from Blue Water Dive Travel to book them for me (agent @drrich2 used)

Big Thanks to @Mr.Poseidon for the recommendation for Traveloka for booking Batik Air flights. That worked for a US credit card. An internet search of "Can't book Batik Air with credit card" doesn't mention Traveloka.

Ask and you shall receive. Well not always but if you don't ask your likelihood of receiving is pretty low.

Title says it all. I see a previous thread but that is just a few posts saying European Credit cards mostly work. One can get all the way into booking a domestic flight in Indonesia for April 2023, seats selected, put in US credit card, then a message shows "Card rejected by bank" Well I called my US bank (Chase Visa) and they have no record of a request for payment.

Batik has not responded to an email. I don't do Whatsapp.

Bottom line I've got a round trip to Jakarta but can't get to my dive destination. Suggesting flying with a different airline doesn't help. Batik is basically it flying to and from Manado.

@drrich2 used)

I’m confused by “Batik is basically it”. From Jakarta to MDC? Did you try Garuda or Citilink? I’m using Garuda from Djakarta to Manado. CMIIW please - I may need help too.

I’m confused by “Batik is basically it”. From Jakarta to MDC? Did you try Garuda or Citilink? I’m using Garuda from Djakarta to Manado. CMIIW please - I may need help too.

Flight times not good on other airlines or couldn't get a round trip or other airlines weren't direct flights.

Many other countries require a specific type of credit card security for online purchases. Strangely Visa doesn't provide that service to US banks (despite it being a service they provide to the rest of the world). So the payment cannot complete.
I've had the issue when trying to make online purchases from Singapore companies.

I've not had that issue with AmEx. I don't know about Mastercard.

Don’t worry, if you buy a direct flight they might change it on you anyway. :)
I actually took this into account when choosing an airline for Jakarta to Manado. There are later Batik flights that would still work for me if my original flight gets changed or cancelled. The other airlines have many fewer flights and if they were changed there may be no work around.

The other limitation was I needed to arrive in Manado before 2 pm to get transferred to the dive location that day.

I have had issues specifically with our chase cards not working with various remote payment gateways.
After scratching my head and trying 2 Chase cards I used a Citi mastercard and that worked ok. Other reader also suggested Amex. We got this paying for e-visas at a foreign embassy, paying for tours etc.

Back
Top Bottom