Can't book Batik flights with US credit card. Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are any of you getting seat selection, opportunity to purchase overweight luggage? Nusatrip doesn't offer this though booking through them does seem quite reliable in every other way. Also, I'll add that USD is not king here. IDR is what is wanted. I
have been quite surprised.
Use Tiket.com. I used to use Nusatrip until my cards all stopped working. Tiket allows you to do prepaid baggage and seat selection as well. Plus, their customer service is better than Nusatrip ever was. They also do WhatsApp customer service which is nice when traveling. Their app and website is also better.

If you have trouble with your card initially, you can email them to whitelist it. I did this and have booked a dozen flights ever since with no issue. It was a pain that NT ended up this way but I now see it as a blessing because Tiket is so much better

I booked Garuda on Nusatrip and then looked up my reservation on the Garuda website and was able to choose my seat for free. I can also prepay excess baggage but haven't decided how much to buy yet.

Use Tiket.com. I used to use Nusatrip until my cards all stopped working. Tiket allows you to do prepaid baggage and seat selection as well. Plus, their customer service is better than Nusatrip ever was. They also do WhatsApp customer service which is nice when traveling. Their app and website is also better.

If you have trouble with your card initially, you can email them to whitelist it. I did this and have booked a dozen flights ever since with no issue. It was a pain that NT ended up this way but I now see it as a blessing because Tiket is so much better
Thanks to you. I got my Chase Visa card whitelisted last year and bought bunch of flight tickets, including for my dive buddies who got their cards rejected.

I booked Garuda on Nusatrip and then looked up my reservation on the Garuda website and was able to choose my seat for free. I can also prepay excess baggage but haven't decided how much to buy yet.
My standard with airlines in Indo when not flying Garuda seems to be 15kg excess if it's a free 20kg. I've been on Wings where you get nothing so I straight up bought 35kg. On Garuda, no excess bags needed since you get a free 20kg for scuba (sport allowance) and then another 20kg standard so you get 40kg. Keep that in mind. It doesn't matter how much is in each bag so long as each bag doesn't exceed 35kg, IIRC. :)

Good to know! Thank you! Lion Air is my only option for my other domestic flight so I guess I'll be paying for excess bags there at least.
Try to book/pay for your excess in advance, if at all possible.

[/QUOTE]

Try to book/pay for your excess in advance, if at all possible.
@also_anon_dc Tiket lets you buy baggage before you check out and pay. Upon payment, it is instant confirmation of baggage and eticket that you can view directly on the Lion Air site. Should you choose, you can also do an advance seat reservation as well.

FWIW- When you are looking at Batik flight, pay attention if there is a business class and how much the fare is. It is not uncommon that the business fare is just a few bucks more than the extra luggage cost. Business on Batik means 30 kg of luggage and a much more comfortable flight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom