Can't book Batik flights with US credit card. Help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had good success with Nusatrip.

Did you try on batik website or lion air website? I was able to book my batik flight with my UBS US VISA credit card on the lion air website.

HTH

Did you try on batik website or lion air website? I was able to book my batik flight with my UBS US VISA credit card on the lion air website.

HTH
Good to know another possible work around. I used Batik website.

Had same issue over and over.
First try the partner airlines as many carriers are coowned.
Second, try olta. I used CapOne travel. Worked fine but means no seat choice and cant add luggage til aiport where it is sky high. Spent half as much on luggage as the airfare. And also had to spend 45 minutes waiting in the pay cash for extra luggage line at the airport, which was not particularly fun. And don’t forget to carry extra cash in case the airline cannot take credit cards at the airport either which is very common.
As noted no customer service is available at all whatsoever at any time.
One last point note that some airlines do not except credit cards at all, and less you bought the ticket and a certain number of days in advance. So the folks who say oh, I booked my flight six months in advance, using a credit card no problem, that might be true. But if you’re trying to book a flight two days or one day in advance, likely the airline will not except credit cards because the funds will not be able to clear in advance of your flight so they don’t take it.

I had the same problem so reached out to my hotel. They recommended Nusatrip.com which worked well for booking Batik.

It looks like KAYAK works to book Batik air with a US credit card. Does anyone have any experience?

Are any of you getting seat selection, opportunity to purchase overweight luggage? Nusatrip doesn't offer this though booking through them does seem quite reliable in every other way. Also, I'll add that USD is not king here. IDR is what is wanted. I
have been quite surprised.

Are any of you getting seat selection, opportunity to purchase overweight luggage? Nusatrip doesn't offer this though booking through them does seem quite reliable in every other way. Also, I'll add that USD is not king here. IDR is what is wanted. I
have been quite surprised.
Traveloka allowed me to purchase Batik tickets, get seat assignment and purchase additional checked baggage weight on their website. Checked baggage limited to 20kg on Batik, I purchased an additional 5 kg each way to line up with AA coach International flight of 50#.

A complete work around.

Traveloka allowed me to purchase Batik tickets, get seat assignment and purchase additional checked baggage weight on their website. Checked baggage limited to 20kg on Batik, I purchased an additional 5 kg each way to line up with AA coach International flight of 50#.

A complete work around.
I traveled through Indonesia October/November last year. I found if you claim the bag only contains "sports equipment", they will give you an additional 20kg "free". Since I was traveling with all my gear and a DSLR+housing+strobes, it saved me a bunch of money (before I learned the trick, I was tagged for >$100 for overweight baggage on one flight)

Back
Top Bottom