Caribe Blue and Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had Jose, Mateo, and Lucio. Also, Mauricio did my girlfriends OW class. Don't recall hearing the name Jorge.

JB

I think they have a some DM's that come and go, Jorge must be one of them.

Last May we dove with Matt (Mateo) & Catherine mostly and with Enricke (sp?) once, all did a great job.

Dove with Jorge last week. He's as there as he's ever been. Great guy! Usually goes on the more advanced expeditions.

Dove with him last night. Na na na na boo boo.

Looking forward to my stay in Carib Blu in July and of course diving with Blue Angel:D

Jorge (Cubano) is the most requested divemaster for large groups diving with Blue Angel. He has been with Alejandra (the owner of Blue Angel) since the days of Alex & Alex. If you did not see or meet him, it is because he is assigned to a dive shop sponsored group. We stil take groups down there evry year and we used to split our groups between Jorge and Ramon ( he is gone, last word was he was stuck in Thailand).

Mateo is good too, but he is their Cenote dive guide too. So if there are cenote divers, you won't have him as a divemaster. Kathryn (Sp?) is pregnant or already had a baby? I don't know any of the new people ( divemasters) there.

I am looking forward to staying a Carib Blu at the end of the month. So if a "Norte" blows in, and the boats don't go out, Mateo, Jorge, and I will be in the caves blowing bubbles.

Jim

You have this exactly right. Jorge is in the greatest demand and is their senior DM. He seems to have first pick of who is on his boat and he tends to dive wtih the most experienced divers using Blue Angel. Beginner divers only go with him if there is only one boat going out - and then it is him that goes because of his seniority, I expect. I've never seen him do instruction which means you won't find him on a boat with people doing check-out dives. Not to say he can't or won't - just that I've never seen it. I dived with him in December and then he went back to Cuba around Christmas. I later changed dive ops but we exchanged "hellos" in the caleta after he got back.

As you say, Matt is also good (he and I share the same last name but to my knowledge, we aren't related). He does a lot of their instruction, so you will often find him with new/checkout divers.

The other two DMs mentioned in previous posts were fine but a whole lot more restrictive than Jorge insofar as at least one of those two required that I buddy (and surface) with another diver on the boat who used much more air than I which was a PITA. Usually, I have just hung around/surfaced with the DM.

I have also dived with the departed Ramon. Kathryn looked about a cheery 6 or 7 months pregnant in December so expect she's delivered by now.

eelpout:
Jorge (Cubano) is the most requested divemaster for large groups diving with Blue Angel. He has been with Alejandra (the owner of Blue Angel) since the days of Alex & Alex. If you did not see or meet him, it is because he is assigned to a dive shop sponsored group. We stil take groups down there evry year and we used to split our groups between Jorge and Ramon ( he is gone, last word was he was stuck in Thailand).

Mateo is good too, but he is their Cenote dive guide too. So if there are cenote divers, you won't have him as a divemaster. Kathryn (Sp?) is pregnant or already had a baby? I don't know any of the new people ( divemasters) there.

Jim

Man, I want to go back. Guess someone has to hold the fort.

Heres a picture of Jorge...pay no attention to the moron to his right!

John-Jorge.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom