Cathy Church Photo Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phenol - great post, thank you!

Anytime you can do a course in which a good instructor will truly tailor the content to your needs is a good investment, imho.

Though it sounds like you should clarify the true costs and the instructor you will be with. I'd hate to get charged the higher figure and not have the instructor I thought I was going to get. Sounds like at least one other instructor is very good.

Alcina, the $125/h is for a class taught by Cathy Church herself; classes with one of the four staff instructors is $60/h. But these are all people with lots of photo experience under their belt: our instructor had done fashion photo (surface!) and professional UW video before joining the Cathy Church Photo Centre. They all seem to have their specialties: some do the digital classes, Cathy and our instructor do Nikonos as well as digital. They even lent us a 15 mm lens for the first practice dive, and now... well -- I never saw a lens I didn't like...

i really have to start charging a lot more....

i charge $150 for a two day course, typically about 4 hours or more theory as well as 2 dives i accompany the student....

MAN! i am too cheap..

changing my price now....

:D

Thank you everyone for all of the helpful information. I do have my u/w photography certification (but I don't plan to quit my day job). I just thought this might be a good opportunity

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom