Central Florida Meet and Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey.. I'll be up that way soon.. gota be careful with me around though, folks usually end up takin a drunk wagon home and come back the next day to retrieve their cars.... :D

Kidding.. I gave that sort of party up a long time ago, I don't like the aftermath of it!

I think Kris and I could get into something like a weekly or biweekly hang out with people who really do DIVE, unlike out local group here that we'll be moving away from - they are more of a dinner club. Most excellent idea :)

scubafool:
1 dive or two? Will you be diving air or Nitrox? My primry is STILL missing some critical parts, but I volunteer to lead in now that you have found & shown me some of the better tie-off points. Will Becky be able to make it?
I will bring the primary, Becky and i have nitrox (or at least should be picking up tanks at 12.30 loaded) for one tank and air for another - so 1 or 2, we shall see! At least it is cheap/free and close by :wink: Now, back on topic......

CBulla:
I think Kris and I could get into something like a weekly or biweekly hang out with people who really do DIVE, unlike out local group here that we'll be moving away from - they are more of a dinner club. Most excellent idea
Colin - this is essentially a group hang out, we can discuss dives/diving as that is our common denominator, even upcomming trips, but of course we mostly see those popping up on threads here, so that is kind of covered already :wink: So in essence it would be a casual affair, but it does seem like most people going will be local and regular divers who like to dive as much as possible, i guess that is what you are looking for. As for weekly, monthly or just whenever, i guess we shall see how it goes off and work it from there, think of either a regular venue, move it around a bit between the regular attendees, whatever seems to work i reckon. If you are up around that time this month, you are more than welcome to come along - i dont know what your timeline is for the Apopka deal.

simbrooks:
I will bring the primary, Becky and i have nitrox (or at least should be picking up tanks at 12.30 loaded) for one tank and air for another - so 1 or 2, we shall see! At least it is cheap/free and close by :wink: Now, back on topic......

Not to assist in your BLATANT HIJACK of this thread or anything, Simon, but I do want to thank you for the dive this afternoon. :D

Ok, beyond the couple that have posted, i think that Pete (Netdoc) is also coming, a couple of people from an old LDS club that i used to meet with and has now become defunct, but we happened to meet them recently. I have just received word that Dee (HappyUnderWater) might be able to make it and Chuck & Shelly (cra2) as well. So we are slowly getting a few people interested!

Is this open to divers from East Central Fl such as Brevard? My wife and I would enjoy meeting other divers. We spent 3 years in Deltona and never tried Blue, now that we're here, we discovered that we love it.

jokeborn:
Is this open to divers from East Central Fl such as Brevard? My wife and I would enjoy meeting other divers. We spent 3 years in Deltona and never tried Blue, now that we're here, we discovered that we love it.

Definitely! The get together is open to anyone willing to drive to Central Florida, after all..the more the merrier! I'll post directions and contact numbers as we draw nearer the date. I look forward to meeting you and your wife, and perhaps even diving with you both in the near future. :)

simbrooks:
Ok, beyond the couple that have posted, i think that Pete (Netdoc) is also coming, a couple of people from an old LDS club that i used to meet with and has now become defunct, but we happened to meet them recently. I have just received word that Dee (HappyUnderWater) might be able to make it and Chuck & Shelly (cra2) as well. So we are slowly getting a few people interested!

Talk about hijacking! Who's house will this be at? (unless of course your multiple posts insinuates that you are willing to play cocktail waitress at the party) :wink:

OrlandoRogue:
Talk about hijacking! Who's house will this be at? (unless of course your multiple posts insinuates that you are willing to play cocktail waitress at the party) :wink:

Ummm, OK, just to let you know, the thought of Simon in a short skirt & lowcut Tshirt just isn't doing it for me.

I'm going to relaly really try to make it.

SmokeAire:
I'm going to relaly really try to make it.
I hope this has nothing to do with the idea of me in a cocktail waitress outfit! Its not halloween you know :wink:

I still look forward to seeing a whole host of you there and either seeing old faces or meeting new ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom