Cold in Monterey Bay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find that a simple 7mm works okay for a 30 minute dive. I had to add layers when my dives started approaching an hour.

A DM or a local is a good idea. I'd be real careful about the conditions that I went in with the plan to don the gear in the water. If you're overweighted it could get dangerous fast, and there's a decent chance that you'll drop your rig in the surf. If you're worried about your injuries, it might be better to pass. I'd think your toes will hurt much more when they're cold, and I'd be more concerned about the exit than the entry.

The aquarium is very, very good though. Definitely go there either way. Maybe before you dive so you can get an idea of what you're seeing.

For some reason they have put a chain link fence against the breakwater wall. so no more sitting, it wasn't there one week now it is. Makes prepping your dive a little more difficult.

If you go early you will have no surf for entry or exit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom