Cold Water Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jobowker and L_D,

Our local shop has a 2 day trip to Cape Ann in June,The price isn't bad. I just might have to check it out!

Tavi

Hey WetDane, my image & selfworth went out the window when I bought a pink and purple (yes, I know, ouch!!!!) drysuit. Still I doubt I'll ever get lost at sea in it :)

Haggis

Joboker,

I too am a rather conservative and methodical diver -- just got certified last spring. I enjoy any type of diving -- Would love to go diving with you and your sister-in-law sometime.

Haggis -
If you dive Pink and Purple is one thing - how you do it is really what counts.
This is easy for me to say in my basic black drysuit - a fashion statement if ever there was one...

Dane

L_D -
Looks like we started diving around the same time. I did my pool work in Feb of last year and then anxiously waited for the water to warm up to do my OW dives. Do you have a lobster permit? I got one last year renewed it this year. It's $40 for a Mass resident. Last year I took home 2 $20 lobsters (I wasn't very successful) but I'll do better this year. : )

Maybe when the waters warm a little and some more critters come out where I can see them, we can schedule a lobster dive or a scallop dive.

Since my wife doesn't dive, she stays on the boat. If I were to do a dive charter through Cape Ann or something, she couldn't come. That's one of my main reasons for diving off my boat. It's a 23' Trophy so it's smaller than real dive boats, but it has a head and a place to get out of the wind. Keep in touch.

Joboker,

That sounds awesome. I also have a non-diving wife, so my diving is somewhat sporadic.

My focus right now is getting my younger brother back into diving (certified 6-7 years ago -- hasn't been diving in 3-4) in preparation for a family reunion in Bermuda during July 4th week. Between trying to get him in the water and other "family obligations", my weekends are booked up until after the Bermuda trip.

Perhaps sometime after that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom