cold water gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drewdude:
Looking for some advice on cold water gloves. Those that I've tried on seem to make dexterity an issue. Seeking max warmth/minimal dexterity issues.

thx
The best gloves are the Northern Diver Drysuit Hood and Pinnacle Merino-Evolution underwear.

The trick to warm hands is to keep your head and body nice and toasty, which leaves extra blood/heat to circulate in your handls and feet.

I've been diving in 35 degree water with the above equip. and some 3/5mm gloves, and was very comfortable. Before switchign the underwear and hood, I had been freezing in the same conditions.

Drygloves are also really nice, but I've had terrible luck with them (leak about 1/2 the time), so I traded "sometimes great, sometimes awful" for "always pretty good".

Terry

I wear 3mm InstaDry gloves in cold water (down to 48F).

Yes, my hands sometimes get cold. Yes, I can tolerate it. I'd rather have cold hands than wear thicker gloves and not be able to properly manipulate my camera equipment.

My buddy is having look with his hendersons that have a sort of wrist seal on them doubled at the wrist. Some of his dives he comes back dry with them on his Bare drysuit.

I like the Harveys dino hyde or the Poseiden mitts. Pinnacles are great also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom