conshelf se2 rebuild kits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure, my Conshelf history is not that good. Judging from the 2001 parts catalog, some SE3s and the 22s do, I don't see any others. Based on a note on the Titan which indicates the removable seat was added mid 99, my guess is Conshelfs made after about the same time, subject to whatever bodies they already had knowing AL. I also have a 04 Conshelf 14 manual that does not show one in the parts breakdown, so there is no telling.....until you open it up and look.

I know my Conshelf 14 has the old-style orifice built into the reg body. My son's 22 is the same. Maybe it is an older model 22.

Yeah, you're right. AL is a little hard to figure out sometimes. But they make good regs.

I've had many dozens of SE3's and 22's apart and never seen a removable orifice in a Conshelf.

Well, all I can say is in the 2001 parts manual it shows the SE3 and 22s as having removable orifices but there is 2 listing for each reg, maybe it was planned but never implimented...

Well, all I can say is in the 2001 parts manual it shows the SE3 and 22s as having removable orifices but there is 2 listing for each reg, maybe it was planned but never implimented...

That is quite possible. Or the production run for the newer versions may have been cut short, making those with the replaceable orifice rare and hard to find.

The second stage really shouldn't need anything other than a low pressure seat. Even then, they are reversible. Pop the LP seat out of the poppet and look at the back side. If it hasn't been used, flip it over and reinstall it. Then clean the reg, reassemble and adjust it. The diaphragms and eaxhaust valves rarely need replacing.

This is way the manufactures don't want consumers servicing there regulators because service procedures are not following and taking short cuts when servicing them.

This is way the manufactures don't want consumers servicing there regulators because service procedures are not following and taking short cuts when servicing them.

No, the reason they don't want customers repairing their own regs is loss of revenue to both them and the dive shops. There is nothing at all wrong with flipping the seat. I don't normally do it just because they are cheap and frankly I make them so obtaining one is not a problem but still, there is nothing at all wrong with using both sides of the seat. The rest of the parts rarely need replacing and replacing them just because makes no sence...unless you are selling them at highly inflated prices.

No, the reason they don't want customers repairing their own regs is loss of revenue to both them and the dive shops. There is nothing at all wrong with flipping the seat. I don't normally do it just because they are cheap and frankly I make them so obtaining one is not a problem but still, there is nothing at all wrong with using both sides of the seat. The rest of the parts rarely need replacing and replacing them just because makes no sence...unless you are selling them at highly inflated prices.

The manufacture will sell you the kit anyway and also aqualung and scubapro are two of the main one which gives you part for the life of the regulator as long as you service.
And I would like to see your engineering data on why the manufactures are wrong on replacing those parts for their regulators.

You know as well as I do, the parts for life is a gimmick. The total cost of a parts kit is just a few dollars at most but when they sell it, the mark up is unreal. The "free parts" are the bait to keep you on the service hook for years, get off the hook and they burn you good for leaving with high parts cost.

I don't need any engineering data, it's easy for any half way competent tech to determine if a part needs replacing or not. LP seats take a set which is most of the reason you replace them, not because they are going bad, modern materials simply do not deteriorate that fast. The Orings in a second stage are ambient seals, with almost no pressure differential across them and they have a service life of many years in much worse service than scuba regs, auto brake calipers for example. Exhaust valves and diaphragms are either torn or not, modern silicone materials do not go hard like the old rubber ones and if they do, it will show up when the reg is tested.

I just got a copy of the AL parts manual and it has listings for both the removable and the non-removable HP crown models.

On another note, I just bought a reg that I've been looking for. Sent you a PM.

Back
Top Bottom