conshelf se2 rebuild kits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But it comes down to this the manufactures have instruction and procedures and a kit on how to service the life support equipment and being anarchist you can follow instruction so they do want you servicing the life support equipment.

Last thing as you say all dive shop a crooked and over charge for products, and since the dive shop you buying parts from cutting corners and violating their dealer agreement not to sell part to end consumers and they also hard up for money what stop them from cleaning up used parts and put back into the package and selling them to you?

This is really choice stuff. I especially enjoy the bad grammar...it adds a 'homey' touch to the rant.

This is really choice stuff. I especially enjoy the bad grammar...it adds a 'homey' touch to the rant.

Your jus jealous because ewe can not right to good. Better stay a way from the in side of you're regulator.

Last thing as you say all dive shop a crooked and over charge for products, and since the dive shop you buying parts from cutting corners and violating their dealer agreement not to sell part to end consumers and they also hard up for money what stop them from cleaning up used parts and put back into the package and selling them to you?

No, I doubt you will find many dive shops repackaging and selling used parts. Why would they go through all that trouble when they can just leave the old parts in the customer's regulators and then sell the "free" parts kit they received from the manufacturer to another customer.

1. I have the Aqua-Lung service manual and follow it. It does not say to replace all the parts in the kit. It says to replace worn or damaged parts.

2. I take my regulators apart every time I return from a dive trip to check them out. It only takes an hour or so for each reg and it's an enjoyable way to spend some time. They do not have a chance to develop problems. My reason in doing my own service is not to save money. It's because I want to know my equipment is in perfect working order. If someone else works on it, it means I have to trust that they did it right and dive on faith.

3. It was around 40 years ago that I took my first double hose to a shop for service because I was away from home and it would have been inconvenient to do it myself. The shop did not have a pool to check it out in and I didn't know it hadn't been serviced correctly until I went diving. I should have just waited until I got home to do it myself. When I took it apart, I found that the tech had replaced my HP seat with the wrong type.

5. The LDS I usually go to knows I service my own regs and supplies me with parts, as I need them, for a very reasonable price. That shop is also the only place I would trust to work on any of my regs if the need should arise.

6. I will reiterate: Techs do not replace all the parts in the kit at every service. There is no need to. They replace only what is needed.

Finally, could you please check your spelling, grammar and syntax when you post? It's a little hard to follow what you're trying to say at times.

I should've done a bit of proof reading myself, eh?:shakehead:

Thanks Awap and Zung but that was all me, I was using my phone to post. Herman when I posted my response the font looked correct.

Txaggie08 I now a lot more than you on the subject. And any time you want to give your company’s phone number so we can talk about it with your mangers about how you are not following your company service procedures let me know. Or if you own the company we can talk with your insurance company.

Herman I have to agree with you on this
“Don’t get me wrong, there are many very good professional reg technicians out there, I have the good fortune of being friends with several of them but for every good tech there are just as many poor ones”

“We can spend as much time as we like and pay much more attention to details than a multitasking shop employee.”

What about the wife and the kids or a friend interrupting you?

Paladin look under general guidelines section 6

Thanks Awap and Zung but that was all me, I was using my phone to post. Herman when I posted my response the font looked correct.

Txaggie08 I now a lot more than you on the subject. And any time you want to give your company’s phone number so we can talk about it with your mangers about how you are not following your company service procedures let me know. Or if you own the company we can talk with your insurance company.

Herman I have to agree with you on this
“Don’t get me wrong, there are many very good professional reg technicians out there, I have the good fortune of being friends with several of them but for every good tech there are just as many poor ones”

“We can spend as much time as we like and pay much more attention to details than a multitasking shop employee.”

What about the wife and the kids or a friend interrupting you?

Paladin look under general guidelines section 6

You really don't have a clue, do you?

From the US Divers Aqua Lung manual, Conshelf series:

B. Inspection and Repair Procedure

1. All O-rings, gaskets, etc. Check for nicks, wear, deterioration, etc. Replace if necessary.

2. Seat. Check for deep embedding, nicks, wear, etc. Seat may be reversed. Replace if necessary.

3. Inlet nozzle. Check orifice for nicks, dents, etc. Seat may be polished lightly to remove marks. Replace if necessary.

4. Filter. Check for excessive foreign matter, dirt or verdigris. Replace if necessary.

As far as interruptions, there are, without a doubt, more distractions and interruptions in a dive shop than sitting at my kitchen table after everyone has gone to bed. You have lost this particular debate and just don't know it! :D

Last edited:
I used to work for an "old school" guy who would say, "There is a big difference between a 'parts changer' and a technician."

You really don't have a clue, do you?

From the US Divers Aqua Lung manual, Conshelf series:

B. Inspection and Repair Procedure

1. All O-rings, gaskets, etc. Check for nicks, wear, deterioration, etc. Replace if necessary.

2. Seat. Check for deep embedding, nicks, wear, etc. Seat may be reversed. Replace if necessary.

3. Inlet nozzle. Check orifice for nicks, dents, etc. Seat may be polished lightly to remove marks. Replace if necessary.

4. Filter. Check for excessive foreign matter, dirt or verdigris. Replace if necessary.

As far as interruptions, there are, without a doubt, more distractions and interruptions in a dive shop than sitting at my kitchen table after everyone has gone to bed. You have lost this particular debate and just don't know it! :D

Damn Will, didn't you know you were not susposed to read the manual.

I used to work for an "old school" guy who would say, "There is a big difference between a 'parts changer' and a technician."

So true Couv and either can work at a shop or at home.

NCA- stop your sanctimonious prattling, you're embarrassing yourself. I'm a 911 dispatcher, which means I put up with overly pompous people quite often enough for you not to impress me.

I'm sure you're free to call any manager I've ever worked for on any air regulation system. I'm quite certain they'd be more than please with my work, and insurance companies would generally laugh at you. Since MY scuba gear, which are fundamentally identical to the thousands of regulation system I've serviced over the years, has nothing to do with my experience in high and low pressure regulation system, I'm pretty sure you can call the bloody prime minister of China, and it wont do you a bit of good. I doubt very seriously you've ever even seen some of the pressure regulation systems I've helped service, much less have ANY more knowledge on them. Being that a scuba regulator is no more complicated than it is, and seeing your complete expression of ignorance on the subject, I doubt your claim seriously.

But by all means tough guy, continue with the stream of effluence flowing from your brain onto the keyboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom