Coolest Philippines trip critters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are quite a few that you will spot from a mile away, but we found many that using a teleconverter and diopter still looked like a tiny dot until you cropped the photo later.
Ardeadorisegretta_zps95340e31.jpg

This Ardeadoris egretta was four inches long and was one of my favorite finds.

Ceratosomaalleni2_zps7bd5df79.jpg

Ceratosoma alleni, about five inches.

March4-14_zps5604dfdc.jpg

Cratena lineata. This one was measured in microns. Kevin pointed it out, but I kept staring at this little stick with a speck on it.

Most of the nudis I saw there were 1/2" or longer, but there is a lot to see, or barely see as well.

BTW, it occurred to me the other day to wonder how big all these fabulous nudibranchs are. Is this going to be one of those trips where I'm taking a picture of something so small that I don't know what it is until I get to my computer to look at the photo?
depends on which type, for instance the bornella anguilla that is located on Sombrero is up to 5cm/2".
other wise, all those taken in the Phils :

Phylodesmium Jakobsenae, probably 5 cm as well but needs eagle eyed guide , you won't find it by yourself :

You will find those by yourself, plenty of 'em in the shallows, about 5cm/2" as well :

This one Janolus sp. is rarer but easy to spot, about 3cm/1,5" long, sometimes "swims" :

This one is big about 10cm/ 4" and easy to find :

night dives gives you great opportunities like below, the chromodoris fidelis was quite small, 1cm/1/2" :

Wow, is that a shrimp with the last nudi?

I am getting absolutely ridiculously excited.

Wow, is that a shrimp with the last nudi?

I am getting absolutely ridiculously excited.
That's a spider crab.
The nudi was traveling on its head, I was stupid enough to bang on my tank to call my diveguide to see the scene and meanwhile I coudn't get any shots of the crab with a Fonzie looking hairstyle, except it was a nudi instead of combed hair. By the time I coudl get the scene framed and in focus, the only shot I got was the nudi jumping off the crab's nose.

I'm still processing mine from 3 weeks in the PI last year! You and Peter are in for a real treat!

Hello everybody ,

I'm Paolo Isgro from Italy ( ... sorry for my english ... ) , my first time here , and I'd like to share some pictures from my last diving trip in Anilao .
Anilao is a fantastic place ! My top pace , and for sure on the top for every macro photographer .

skeleton shrimp
11875088646_a443b6fa59_c.jpg

marble shrimp
11935252595_7946536410_c.jpg

dragon shrimp
12058539386_9ed4d3a2a6_c.jpg

red hairy frog fish
11873883325_6985680bf8_c.jpg

hope my pictures can give you an idea what you can see underwater ,
more shot here :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paolobl...7639626194274/

andthanks again to this fantastic community !

Paolo Isgro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom