Cozumel changed to spearing destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[/QUOTE]Another opinion I have is that a certain (if not large) percentage of people who kill lionfish are doing it for the sport of it, not to save the environment.[/QUOTE]

Agree - I didn't get any offers to help cut Kudzu on my farm.

Another opinion I have is that a certain (if not large) percentage of people who kill lionfish are doing it for the sport of it, not to save the environment.[/QUOTE]

Agree - I didn't get any offers to help cut Kudzu on my farm.[/QUOTE]

Well I bet you pick it outta your flowerbeds, right? The DMs pick lionfish outta their reefs. Won't stop the lionfish or Kudzu probably but maybe the reef and the flowerbeds look better?

I'm in Cozumel right now and our DM brings a "skewer" and has popped a few lionfish. What's pretty cool is that when he pops one, there's usually snapper that shows up to eat the lionfish. I also watched two lobsters fight over a dead lionfish today.
Maybe it won't be long before the snapper start eating the lionfish without anyone killing them first. :)

Posted using Tapatalk

Maybe it won't be long before the snapper start eating the lionfish without anyone killing them first. :)

And we will all agree on the BEST dive OP,
And the BEST restaurant,
And the BEST hotel,
And the sheep will sleep with the wolves.
and I will give up being a smart %#$....:shocked2:

Though it is good to know Hope springs eternal!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom